1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I asked my Grandma for her oppinion of gay people

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ChloeKiss, Mar 31, 2014.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I just thought i'd share this :slight_smile: My Grandmother (I call her mimmy).. The woman I look up to the most in this world.. who I never want to lose said to me a couple of weeks ago after I asked her of her oppinion on gays and what she thought of them she said to me.. ''They are born that way'' This is coming from my other grandmother.. I have another grandma who is against gay marriage. It's just the way she said it and how accepting she was.. I asked her a few more questions about who in the family shares the same views as her and who isn't against gay marriage and she basically said the majority of my family don't mind gay people.

During all this I managed to stay clear of getting her suspicious of me being a lesbian. She wouldn't guess anyway. Though she is a really smart woman I can slip under her radar.. She is like my best friend though. We share the same beliefs and have really good conversations with eachother. I love her so much. And I guess I just felt like posting this to give people hope or something positive to read. I am one happy granddaughter at the moment :slight_smile: Everytime I think of her reaction I smile.

2. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's wonderful! Isn't it great how such a simple answer is all it takes to solidify our happiness?

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I almost think this post was stupid because I only got one response hahaha. I am just sharing something positive that happened a couple of weeks ago. There are good people out there in other words :slight_smile:

Yeah it is great :slight_smile: Especially when it comes from someone who means so much to you.

4. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly! And no, it's certainly not stupid! We like to hear this stuff! We get enough negativity in life, it's good to hear there is hope. :slight_smile:

5. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

True :slight_smile: Thank You!

6. Still learning

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Have you considered letting her know you are gay?

7. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Yeah I have.. That's basically the reason I asked her. I will let her know maybe at the end of this year.

8. That's great! =) But to be honest, she probably already has her suspicions, especially if the two of you are close.

9. Silver Sparrow

Your grandma sounds cool!

10. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

She probably does considering the fact that I get edgy/upset if people bring up me getting a boyfriend or how ''cute'' a guy is. I just don't see it so I usually say oh can we talk about something else? She is a smart lady so I don't doubt she's a bit suspicious. But I do know that she wouldn't dwell on it and she would probably shrug it off.. she's that type of person. She really just minds her own business and lets her mind wander to other things like nature and evolution. We're so much alike. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 1st Apr 2014 at 11:55 PM ----------

She's great :slight_smile:

11. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to know her :grin:
    I think she will be very supportive if you come out to her.

12. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Thank You.. Even though she might be accepting I still think she would be a bit disappointed. She's had talks with me about having my own children one day and getting a husband and blah blah blah and even though I can still have children with a woman it wont be the same.