1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I never really got a say when coming out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hidden Angel, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Ok, so I'm basically writing this because I'm in the mood to have a good bitch- so just a warning be prepared. :slight_smile:

Right well the first person I came out to was this other guy who I knew was gay because he was having a tough time and I just wanted to let him know that he was not alone, so basically I came out not so much on my terms but to help him out. A guess how he payed me back for that??? He told pretty much all my mates and then for about three months he never told me he told anyone and only finally got around to telling me when he thought I was going to find out and then he still didn't think he had done anything wrong.

I told another girl at one point because she was wondering if she might be bi so i tried to help her out.

Then part way through this year I found out that most of the school or at least my year and the one above found out and I don't know how which scared the crap out of me because I don't want my family to find out yet.

Anyway that my slight bitch and yeah now out of everyone that knows I told, get this, and grand totally of TWO!!!!!!!!!!!! Gossip really sucks people should so be able to keep their mouths shut!!!!!

2. berileos

berileos Guest

I'm sorry your friend is a jerk...:rolleyes:

3. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Yeah hehehe would explain why me and pretty much all my other mates no longer talk to him, well that and other reasons....

4. Thatsit

I know how you feel. One of my (used to be) friends came out earlier than me to my friends. I also didn't want him to feel left out so I told him and made it clear that I didn't want to come out. Then he goes and tells all of our mutual friends. Now he doesn't even clarify if he is truely gay or not. Yeah. but what ever, it doesn't even matter now so I feel your frustration. :slight_smile:

5. Blazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's horrible.
    I know it was for a good reason and you tried to help, but I'd start by coming out to your VERY close friends.
    I'd say let this be a warning, but that is mean.
    I hope it still works out.
    A good bitch is good.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm not making excuses for your friends behavior but he probably did it to make himself feel better. He didn't want to be the only one, know what I mean? He somehow felt better about who he was because of who you are. Did you ask him not to tell anyone when you told him?

7. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I'm sorry. Some people just like gossip even if it hurts a friend like what happened to you. I might forgive that person/s over time, but I would feel bitter at the moment.

8. Derek the Wolf

Some people really just aren't good at keeping secrets. It's generally not their fault, and they didn't mean to betray your trust. However, you should assume that once you tell someone within a group, the whole group will find out quickly enough.

9. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

The thing that hurt the most is that he was one of my closest friends.
    And Becky yes I did ask him not to tell anyone.
    And I wasn't stupid enough to think people wouldn't find out but I never expected it to happen so fast, I think most people know within about a mouth and a half.

10. Leigh

Leigh Guest

ouch. thats harsh. killer when you try to do something for someone else and they throw it back at you. i think its a sign that you need to make the most important decisions for yourself... not anyone else.

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well my son was outed by a trusted cousin too. So I do know how you feel. However, what's done is done. You can tell him how you feel about him blabbing to everybody but if you want to keep the friendship, you may just have to forgive him.

12. Antrioss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm so sorry it turned out kinda bad. When I came out to people (I still am, actually). I asked them politely to not tell anyone else. I wanted to do it myself when I felt that the time was right. I was deathly afraid that someone I would confide to would start spreading the rumor. Still kinda am, but I have accepted myself.