1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out for the first time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RedDev84, Apr 15, 2014.

1. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey all

I finally this evening came out for the first time, as you'll see in my profile.

I decided to go for my online friend. I knew he didn't have a problem with LGBT and also it seemed the 'safe' option as you don't know them to meet face to face.

I was trying for a lot of the day to do it by text, but when I just trying to bring to subject up he wasn't unable to get to his phone because of being at work.

Anyway, I got home in the evening, we were on skype and was playing our game as normal. I said I was taking my headset off because I had to eat, which was true, but while eating I starting writing him in chat.

He seemed fairly accepting, and seemed a little pleased I decided I'd tell him.

As expected, he immediately started explaining that when he uses the word "gay" when he's frustrated during our games that he didn't mean it etc etc. but I never had a problem with it which I told him again. I don't want anything to change.

We wrote a little about how people should never hide their true selves etc etc, but it was over as quick as it started in honesty. Gaming as I write...

2. JessicaWolfess

Well congrats man, I know how hard it can be to tell someone. I remember how anxious I was after telling my friend

3. Trailblazer

It is a pretty big relief eh?

I came out to my online gaming buddy first too, and he unexpectedly came out back to me. Was pretty awesome, and still talk a lot.

4. King

Well done, the first time is always the toughest. :slight_smile:

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fantastic. I know from your previous posts on here that you have been trying to find a way for a while. Good for you.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

7. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really appreciate the messages so far everyone. Hopefully the first but not the last. I think my next aim is a real life friend of mine. It's a much bigger one for me though, more to lose. I want to share a house with him, which he also want to do. I just hope this wouldn't change his mind. I think I'll leave that at least a few weeks before approaching the road just yet.

Linco, I actually feel quite touched you remember my previous posts. It has been tough and several times I hesitated before pressing the "enter" key on on keyboard, but got there in the end. I also recall your advice, I appreciate it a lot, not only for the ones you posted on my thread, but also onto others which I had a read through/contributed towards.

8. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very welcome. Made my day reading that you'd crossed that hurdle :slight_smile:

9. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats, bro! That's awesome! (*hug*)
    I hope everything goes as well for you every other time you come out :grin: