1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel so dumb. I did it all wrong.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Suvleena, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Suvleena

I wrote a post on fb. My parents saw, and they had me take it off. They're fine, but they're upset that I put it up on the internet and that future employers, or the boarding school I'm applying to right now, will see. I just feel so stupid right now. You're not supposed to do it all at once. You're supposed to do it in person. I just did it all wrong. I'm such an idiot. I should have waited, done it in person, told people individually. I'm such an idiot.

2. Stacy in MA

Please don't beat yourself up for being open and honest about yourself. And as for the 'right' way to do it - I'm pretty sure there isn't just one!

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't feel stupid -- there is no wrong way to come out! You're so much better off being out, regardless of your method. Don't sweat it! :slight_smile:

4. daisy448

daisy448 Guest

I understand that other people are gonna see it but remember that was what you were aiming for :slight_smile: there's no right or wrong way to do it and I think that coming out over Facebook is a REALLY brave thing to do. I could never do that and I admire your courage so don't regret it :slight_smile:

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's not wrong at all. Your parents are the wrong ones.

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i understand your parents, you did say they were ok with you coming out. there are so many homophob morons out there they probably don't want you to face any more hardship than you will already have, because as a "non straight" person you're gonna have that plus all the hurdles a young person has to deal with today.

hope this helps.

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Don't feel dumb. I don't see the issue with coming out on Facebook (especially if It's friend protected). As for work, school finding out....It's still stupid to me that this is an issue in this day in age. If you were to get in a relationship, it would be a part of your record too.