1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, hey, I did it :))

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by peachi, Apr 16, 2014.

1. peachi

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys!

I wrote some months ago that I don't know how to come out to my parents and asked you guys for advice. So, it took some time but now I'm out to my parents - I told them, that I have a girlfriend.

I knew that I won't have the courage to just tell them. So I had in my mind to write them a letter. I bought the letter some weeks ago but I needed again time to write the letter. Last friday I finally wrote it. On saturday I tossed it in the trash and wrote a new one :lol:
    On monday my parents got my letter... the reaction was as expected: My mom wrote me, that she feels sad about it, because life won't be easy for me this way and she kind of don't understands it. Nevertheless my girllfriend is welcomed at home and that she loves me. My dad wrote me a few hours later, that he thinks the same.

So... it kind of hurt. It still hurts a little. Because I'm so happy with my girldfriend... and I really want my mother to be happy too, but at the moment she's upset. I think she doesn't know how to deal with it, because she always wanted the "perfect normal life" for me. And it hurts to see that she's kind of "disappointed". But I know, that it takes some time and so I'm not mad at her.

Tomorrow I'll drive home. I'm a little bit nervous about it, because I don't know how my mom will behave. I'm a little bit afraid, that she'll kind of ignore my relationship (if you wonder why, search for my advice-thread, I think I wrote there, that something like this once happened). I hope that we'll talk a little bit about it (just stuff like how long we're in a relationship and so on...) and that I'll feel that my parents take my relationship with my girldfriend serious. So yeah... but I think I did a big step and although I felt a little bit shitty since monday, I'm happy.

2. me123

Hey, great job on working up the courage to do it! That couldn't have been the easiest thing to do!

3. peachi

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wanted you to know that I'm out to almost everyone. I just don't know if one of my grandmothers already knows since I don't have much contact to her and I don't know if my father told her.
    But the rest of my family knows. And my brothers and my parenty already got to know my girlfriend :slight_smile: The first meeting went really well. My mother still needs some time but it's kind of cute. She bought my girlfriend a little present for her birthday. :icon_bigg
    So everything is really fine and I'm sure that after some time everything will be kind of normal. :slight_smile:

4. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you