1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's official...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Joey, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    My family is full of assholes! At least my cousins... so, during the week we were on vacation everybody wants to catch up with everybody else because we rarely see eachother in a huge group like this. Of course there is the "Sooo, gotta a girlfriend?!" thing going around and whatnot, and I told a good deal of my cousins that I was gay. Pretty much all the girl cousins and my older brother (who didn't know) I'm not exactly sure, but they all went "I KNEW IT!" and there might have been an exchange of money amongst them.... assholes.
    Anywho, then I remembered that my older brother and his girlfriend had been teasing me for the past 4 years or so about our neighbor and how they thought he was my boyfriend because we always hung out and played video games in his basement and stuff. Then I told them that I had dated Tommy... and Kate (my older brother's girlfriend) went "WAIT?! Bobby's younger brother?!" :eusa_doh: I'd forgotten that Kate and my ex's older brother went to school for about 7 years together.... rather embarrassing.
    And then one of my cousins, Melissa, went "Is he cute?" and Kate pretty much said "Hell yeah! Seriously, who would've thought that Joe would've been able to snag somebody that hot?!"

....assholes

2. Mmmike

That really sucks ):
    Some friends of mine once made a bet on how long another's relationship would last. IT was really mean. It doesn't make you feel too awesome either.
    I hope everything clears up :]] It will probably blow over a bit later.

3. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Yea, well, stupid isn't something you can fix. They sound like they need to mature a little too.

4. panda

Well, they did compliment you on "snagging" someone Hot..(!)(!)

5. Leigh

Leigh Guest

sounds like they do need to mature up a bit... they coulda been a bit more tactful, although isnt it a good thing that they werent completely homophobic??

6. Derek the Wolf

They're probably just teasing you because they don't understand how difficult it is for you. If they're going to be assholes, just avoid/ignore them. Remember, you don't have to associate with anyone.
    Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. Try to not let it get to you.

7. Blaz

Blaz Guest

Pssht. . .sounds like something my family would do. Though I'd probably join in and laugh myself also at their. *cough*, stupidity.

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Sounds like the type of family who has made you the bunt of their jokes. Don't worry, there will be some other unsuspecting family member who will step up to the plate in a month or two and they will move on. In our case, it was a cousin who went to jail. Suddenly being gay wasn't so horrible anymore.

9. sdc91

Could've gone a lot worse. Congrats, even if you're a bit pissed.

10. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    Lol, ok... so I had dinner with the cousins and everybody and we started making fun of Timmy *my little brother* because he drove up to Gaithersburg (almost an hour away) to see one of our friends Paul. And we believe they're a beautiful couple.... :lol:
    There's been a looooong running joke about these two and how they should just have sex already.

So it's all good. And my brother's girlfriend was asking me questions about my ex and I, because she knows his older brother and whatnot. And was curious... I guess. And she said she can hook me up if I wanted.... which is kinda strange, but whateva :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. hoping

My cousins on my mums side are the same they say in the street '' hey look at that fag''
    ''dont go near that fag he'll give you aids'' so wont it be a shock to them that i am one of the people that they love to hate.

12. Chamber of Life

I dont think his family is like that, his family seem pretty cool with that. Even though they made fun of him in a joking way. I wish my family would be like that when I come out.