1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another one down

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by bluestlight, Jul 28, 2008.

1. bluestlight

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This past weekend I finally came out to my best friend, I've been meaning to for a while but the timing just never felt right. We were at her cabin with some other people and just she and I were heading to a friend's cabin that was about a 20 minute drive away. We were just talking about random stuff and I mentioned that I went to a concert with a friend of mine, Ben. She asked with a very inquisitive tone of voice "who's Ben" as if there was something going on there, I replied with "nothing there, but I have some other things going on" so then I went on to say "well, there's this girl...yeah, I'm gay".
    She said that she was glad that I told her and she seemed all excited since I was finally able to just be open enough about it. She then went on to say that she's not sure if she's bi, which she hasn't told anyone else before. All in all it went very well.
    I was afraid before that maybe things would be different between us but thing's are definately the same as they've always been.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's great! Congratulations!

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! I am glad that it went well for you.

4. biisme

That's awesome! I'm glad she took it so well, and that she then trusted you enough to voice suspicions about herself.

5. Derek the Wolf

That's great. She was clearly really happy that you trusted her with that information, since she returned that trust almost immediately.

It's always the hardest to tell your closest friend isn't it? For me, it was harder than telling my mom.

#5 Derek the Wolf, Jul 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008