1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first person in ages

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by tezadream, Jul 28, 2008.

1. tezadream

tezadream Guest

OK
    many of you will not know that for over a year 1/2 i've been debating whether I was bi or not. That's partly why I've been working on a book with a gay theme.
    Ever since I started high school this year i've been wanting to tell my best friend and yesturday she gave me the perfect opportunity to. Over text.

here's kind of how the conversation went. my friend sort of went through an ok stage, a denial stage and then a stage where she asked a few questions.

Lets say she is A and I'm B

A : I just downloaded a song
    B: Oh yeah, what?
    A: I kissed a girl and I liked it
    B: You did or do you just like the song?
    A: I just like the song.
    B: Thought so
    A: Mwa!
    B: So your in your usual strange mood today hahaha
    A: Maybe :slight_smile:
    B: Hey I was wondering I can trust you right?
    A: Yeah what do you want to tell me? I'm listening
    B: You really wanna know
    A Yeah now tell me is it about me?
    B: No it's about me but you must promise not to tell anyone else ok?
    a: OK Shoot
    b: You know how you think your brother's gay well if he was would you be cool with it?
    a: Ya
    b: that's good cos I odn't exactly know how to tell you this but I'm bi
    a: Why do you think that?
    b: I've known for over a year
    a: um so what exactly is bi anyway
    b: As Miley Cyrus would say it the best of both worlds if you get what I mean. I'm not straight
    a:So you like girls more than guys?
    b: Kind of the same u don't hate me for it do u?
    a: No it doesn't change wat i think of you

And things just went better from then. To cut it short She tried to talk me sort of out of thinking that I am bi and then she stopped txting for 10 minutes and I thought she wasn't taking it so great. Then she replied and had changed the subject completely. And then she sent me a txt saying so who do you like then? And I told her I'd had a few crushes on girls this year and last and thought some of them were hot and believe me that was really hard to do! and then she said is that why you want to adopt kids and i said yes. We talked about it for a while and then just before we said goodbye she sent me a text saying It's not that I ever thought you were bi but it's that your my friend and I don't really care if you are. This doesn't change anything

I really coun't have wanted a better response. And she was even better today. We actually talked about it face to face on the quiet and it was great. She said it'll take some time for her to get used to me being bi but she's basically cool with it!

So that's one down and I hope to tell another friend soon.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey that's great that you have such an understanding friend. Congratulations! :slight_smile:

3. SkyTears

:roflmao:

4. byeee

That cracked me up as well. Although I heard that before and I had no idea Miley Cyrus said that.

5. Davey

thats really great.
    and i love the Miley Cyrus quote.
    i've used that to explain to some people lol.

6. tezadream

tezadream Guest

Thanks everyone! Yeah my friend is amazing! Today some other girls were making fun of lesbians and she bravely went up to them and told them to stop, saying that her cousin is one. A little white lie but it worked!
    I also came out to another friend this morning. I awkoke at about 5.30am which was silly but an hour later I knew my friend would be up so I sent her a txt.
    She seemed cool with it but the first few hours at school she didnt talk to me at all so I told her I wasn't gonna force her to be cool with it and she was much happier. still is my friend but I'm gonna give her some time to think it over.
    Basically I have great friends!

7. matt3208pc

You're lucky you have such good friends, im glad they are so understanding, well done!