1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That couldnt have gone any worse.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Andy_92, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Andy_92

Andy_92 Guest

Well my parents know...

Some of you will know that we have been rowing for ages and a month or so ago i announced i was moving out to them, well things havent got any better.

I tried to get on with them but twas no good, things were and still are their normal crap selves.

So it was last night, i was having a big row with my dad for saying "as long as hes not queer" when i asked if i could go and meet my m8. Its none of his buisiness! and really even if he was (WHICH HE IS) it doesnt affect our friendship. So i was yelling when my mum turned around and said the 3 words: Are You Gay?....

I didnt know what to say, i was outed too early at the start of this year and i knew telling my parents is the last step, but was i ready? and hearing what my dad said just made it clear that nomatter what i said it would be awquard. So i sat there.

A few minutes passed and the mood changed, it was now my fault, everything was. I "dont have the guts to admit it"

So at this point i had had enough, and wants, or feelings i had for my parents went, and i told them, their son was a fag!

And then it came, the talk "how dissapointed" they were, what a shame, they "never thaught id do that to them"

I stormed off.

Sadly moving out isnt an option for at least a few more months, and then its gunna be hard. I know in 1year i can live with my m8s but i unno if i can wait that long.

As ec as my witness, i hope i never see or spk to them again, ever.
    I hate my parents and i resent being braught into this family.

But im ok, my friends love me, my sister is there for me (as allways) and they are all i need.

Sorry for jabbering on again but thanks, ec really helps guys xx

Andi
    :dry:

Guys, just be careful coming out. Its a big step and i dont want anyone going through what i have x

#1 Andy_92, Jul 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
  2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ahhh Andi.......... (*hug*) Yeah, that wasn't the best coming out. I know you are really angry with your parents right now but you need to educate them about this. Print off some of the PFLAG materials to give to them. They may not be ready to read it yet but at least plant the seed. If your mom would be willing to talk to me, you can PM me and I will give you my e-mail address.

3. berileos

berileos Guest

You can't admit that it's your fault!You are not responsible for being gay...I agree with what becky said,you should teach them what it means,it's hard to live without parents...there is people on this site who can testify that...

4. J Schuelke

Hey andy, I am sorry that you got outed so early, that is never the best way to come out. Being under pressure like that is never a good thing and it is hard to think straight and to say the right things. Personally, I think you did the right thing by telling them. At least this way they know. I know that sounds bad, but now you don't have to worry about the day you are ready and how you will muster up the courage and tell them.

Eventually things will cool down, whether your parents accept you for who you are or not. I know you are angry with them at the moment, but don't sell your parents short. Deep down they must still love you, even though it may not seem like it. Everything takes time to heal, so all you can do is wait for things to get better. However, these things don't happen all at once and like I always hear "things have to get worse before they get better". Let's just hope that the worst part is over for you. Good luck for these next few days and for the future that lies before you.

5. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

Aww im soo sorry this happened. My parents don't seem to be open either, so hopefully i don't have this happen to mE

6. ashleysmall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    hey andy
    so sorry that this happened this way for you. stay strong. keep close to ur friends and others that support you. and hopefully in time your parents will come around. I work in a lbgt youth support group and thats the main piece of advice we give out at a time like this. Keep close to those who support you.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't write them off forever just yet. Distance yourself, give them time to start the acceptance process. Let them get over the "he made himself gay to hurt us" stage. If they ask questions, try to answer them as factually and non-emotionally as you possibly can. Nobody is out of reach - you may just turn them around.

Lex

8. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I'm really sorry Andy. That sucks majorly. (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) Things will get better, I promise.

9. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

That sucks hun
    I hope you can hold on long enough with them to be able to move out

10. matt3208pc

I'm so sorry it turned out like that, I suppose you just have to give them time, which im sure is better said than done.
    Honestly i couldnt imagine telling my parents at the moment, so i think you are brave for even being able to say it to them.
    Hopefully they come around in time, good luck!

11. Andy_92

Andy_92 Guest

Thanks you guys.

We arnt speaking atm and they are trying to pretend it never happened.

I hope what you say about it getting better is true. i just dnt want them to take it out on any bfs i have tho.

thankies

12. jony8472

Oh wow... that's tough=(
    It's still great that you've got people to turn to, use them, rely on them.

But yeh, as a lot of people said, don't give up hope with your parents. I mean parents are people too, they make mistakes, they get stressed and go wrong at points, just let them cool down and see what happens

Hope all turns out well=)

p.s. You've still come a long way=)

13. -Michael-

Thats an arse being outed like that.

Even more so with the given reaction.

Im sure its just the shock and the surge of emotions.

They'll just need time like almost all parents.

Things'll get better.
    (*hug*)

14. biisme

I'm sorry. It sounds like your parents took it pretty roughly. I hope they see the amazing person you are, and realize that ebing gay doesn't change anything.

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)