1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to 7th person!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SwiftKnight, Apr 22, 2014.

1. SwiftKnight

Hi! It's a bit boring but i just wanna share my little story. Came out to the 7th person recently :slight_smile:

Summary of my coming out :
    1st person, straight guy: Shocked, unexpected but still supports me.
    2nd person, probably straight girl: Shocked, unexpected but still supports me. (Thinks i'm just confused tho:confused: )
    3rd person, probably bisexual: Shocked, unexpected, find it cool and still supports me.
    4th person, straight girl: Not much of a reaction, fully supports me.
    5th person, straight guy: Not much of a reaction, still supports me.
    6th person, straight girl: Super shocked, unexpected, thinks i am confused and just haven't found the right guy but still supports me.
    7th person, straight guy: Unexpected, but still supports me. And now i don't have to worry about him liking me more than a friend :grin:

Overall: Didn't ping under anyone's gaydar.

I guess what I want to say is that, the first person is the scariest and I would never forget that experience. I couldn't even mouth the words "I'm gay", it's like my throat spoilt or something. But once you start, it gets easier and easier!

And think positively: This is also a test for TRUE friends. And you'll probably feel so much more comfortable and relieved with such friends :slight_smile:

Of course, the hardest hurdle would be my family. (especially my parents)
    But it really gets better and EC has really helped me in my journey to accept who I really am. And be courageous because if there is one thing that I could have done differently,
    is that I would've came out even earlier. :thumbsup:

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good to read and not boring at all.

Hope others who are about to begin their own journey will be inspired by this. It's not always plain sailing, but like you, I've had more positive reactions than negative. Good that you are building up a support base before the hardest hurdle.
    :slight_smile: