1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to mom with... results?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JennyKeys, Apr 25, 2014.

1. JennyKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I came out to my mom as trans tonight. It went... okay. I guess. I kinda wish I hadn't because it gave her a whole lot of stress on top of having to deal with my asshole brother who pretty much told the whole family to fuck off and left. My mom kinda has a history of blaming herself for everything and she kept saying that she must've done something wrong when raising me. She also seemed to be in denial about it, like she kept bringing up examples of me being guy-ish, and also seemed to cling to the hope that maybe I just have low testosterone and if I got more then I would feel comfortable as a man. I'm not upset with her though cause she's just super stressed and doesn't know how to handle this right now. I just reassured her that she didn't screw anything up, that I'm still the same person, and that I still love her and am not going to run off like my asshole brother. She did tell me that she would love me no matter what, so I'm at least not worried about that. I also gave her permission to tell my dad cause I felt like a huge dick dumping all that worry on her and then forcing her to keep it all bottled inside. So at least I don't have to tell him I guess. It's just gonna be... awkward with him knowing.

2. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am very happy that your mother took it that way-meaning she isn't going nuts on you. I can understand the idea of her blaming herself, for some reason parents always seem to think its their fault. We all know it isn't their fault. I was so happy to read this and well you just made my night. Congraz on coming out to your mother :slight_smile:

#2 Wolf123, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the same issue. My family is under a lot of stress... That's why I probably will leave them out of the loop (among other reasons..). But you go girl!

4. Rexmond

Sorry to hear that you and your family are going through tough times at the moment. It's great news that you were able to tell your mother, even at such a difficult time. If I were in your position I would wait until the issues with your brother are resolved OR wait until things blow over. Then I'd consider having a in-depth conversation with your mother and explain to her exactly how and what you're feeling, what your plans are but always remember that it isn't something that she would expect to hear. Giving her some time will make it slowly set into her mind, but there's still a possibility that she'll think you don't know what you're talking about. As much as you can, try not to take offence from what she says but try to comfort her but be firm too. I hope things work out for you.