1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgh!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Vampyrecat, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Vampyrecat

Okay, to understand this, you need a bit of background.

I'm pretty much the most out person at my school. Annd even a few teachers know it. There was was teacher (until today) who didn't know, but we always got along. And he's one of those once in a while teachers who will swear and laugh and let you call him names and "act" cool.

Well I thought he was cool until today.

At the bus stop (school one) after school, I was talking to my friends and he comes up to us asking for "ideas" or some crap like that and he was like "yeah, how come guys get called a hero and girls get called a slut if they sleep with someone?" and I said "because there is a double standard, and girls are bitchy and are jealous of anyone who has more fun then they are having." And he got real agitated and started pointing to my (male) friend at I in turn saying "yeah but if you went out and had sex, you'd be a slut, and he'd be a hero. Get it? Slut, hero, slut, hero, slut!" (all the while pointing at me and my friend), and the last time he said "slut" I said "LESBIAN" in the loudest voice I could.
    And he just turned around and went "oh god, gross" and then came back and said
    "why are all dykes agressive? I don't like it. it scares me"
    and I said to him. "We're not agressive. we just get pissed off when morons stereotype us. Besides, straight men are exactly like you down here*" (* meaning where I live.) I was really pissed off!

And he just walked off, shaking his head like he knew everything. my god. I nearly threw my lunchbox at his head.

AND. I grew a spine.

If people don't remember, my best friends ditched me earlier this year and have not spoken to me since. One of the girls, sheridan, is in my biology class.
    Well she gave me daggers when I saved seats for my two friends and other people were in "her" seat today, because of course it's all my fault. And I was talking to my friend Jess about saturday night (I asked a girl I like out and we're going on a date) and we were talking and laughing pretty loudly throughout the class (but it was noisy anyway, so it was cool, we only got in trouble once). and about halfway through, Sophie, the girl who was sitting next to sheridan, turned around and started interrogating me.
    S = sophie
    M = me.

S: Do you like sheridan?
    M: no.
    S: Do you like her at all?
    M: No.
    S: Do you LIKE like her?
    M: Nope. Not at all.
    S: Why not?
    M: I suggest... ( I looked at sheridan at this point and she was just "doing her work" and decided to be "nice") That you butt out and mind your own business
    S: I was just trying to be a good friend!
    M: Well don't, I don't need you to. I have better friends. :grin::grin::grin:

I was smiling the whole time. And she got all offended and at the end of the lesson, sheridan walked out crying..and I felt a bit guilty about that but at the same time I didn't care. She's been a complete bitch..and I've spent far more time crying about this then she has.
    EG. It happened two terms ago and I started crying the other day cos the other girl pretended we were friends for a second. Don't ask why. She just did. And then she acted like a bitch again.

But yeah. Stood up to a teacher and really hammered it home that Sheridan is a cow. A good day's work.

2. matt3208pc

wow good job for standing up for youself.
    im surprised that a teacher would talk to you like that tho, he must be a real ass.

3. Louise

What a sad ass little man your teacher must be if he trys to be 'cool' around adolescent kids. Doesn't he have a life of his own!

As for being disgusted he can stay in his sad little world of prejudices and trying to be cool around kids whilst you go out and live your life.

Good for you about Sheridan, don't feel bad, even for an instant, she is getting a taste of her own medcine and she doesn't like it. You can never be friends with a person who changes personality on a whim, you would never know where you stand with them.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome! That sad excuse for a teacher deserved everything you threw at him, and so did the girl. Well done!

5. ashleysmall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thats so awesome. So proud of you. Can you imagine the revolution if everyone took this kind of stand.

6. biisme

Ughhh...that teacher sounds absolutely horrible. I might have just flipped out if a teacher said something like that to me. Good job for not going ballistic!!

7. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow Tess, good on you for sticking up for yourself!! That teacher is such an a**. And you were right, you have WAY better friends than Sheridan and all the rest of them..

8. Leigh

Leigh Guest

:eusa_clap wow. thats really impressive. i think i should have some people like you around me!!!

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think I would go to your principal and report that teacher. He has no business saying stuff like that to you.

10. Bookmarked

Well, lots of bonus points for standing up to someone. Not just any old someone, either, but a teacher. Personally, I can't actually imagine what it would be like if a teacher was commenting on my sexuality-let alone badmouthing it. I'd probably end up shrivelling up into a ball of doubt and denial. Well done again.

11. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I agree with Becky. That entire conversation he had with you was inappropriate.

But well done for sticking up for yourself!

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great that you stood up for yourself. Way to go!

I agree with Becky and ccdd. If you can, talk to the principal about your conversation with the teacher. A teacher should never say something like this in the first place.

13. Blaz

Blaz Guest

The teacher should not have had ANY business calling people sluts and hero's, and to profile you based on your orientation is worse. . .

14. Absentminded

That was inappropriate on his behalf, what a jerk. I bet he has a lot of friends :rolleyes: I have a teacher like that, not many people like him.

15. Wow Tess good for you! I would have done the same. Sounds like you're around really ignorant people and that sucks. I'm glad you stood up for yourself though.

16. Ronnie92

your my hero lol

If i need help I know who to call ^_^