1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to Two Friends!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Perfection, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Perfection

I wanted to post this story in order to help some people. I'm not the bravest person, so I hope that I can help other people who are really nervous about coming.

My first coming out:

My friend and I were volunteering at an elementary school, and I had been planning on coming out for weeks, so I really wanted to do it immediately, but I didn't know when to do it. I didn't want my friend to make a big deal about it, though, but I also didn't want people to overhear me. I decided to do it while we were volunteering, so that she wouldn't make a huge deal about it. We were talking about colleges, but I really wanted to tell her, so I just changed the subject. I took all of the bravery in my body and just said, "I'm not straight." My friend was kind of surprised at first, but then she got really excited and hugged me. After she asked if I had told other people yet, and when I said "No," she promised not to talk about it! She was really supportive and probably happier/more relieved that I had come out than I was!

My other friend:

I was trying to set this friend up with this guy that she really liked, but she said that both of them were worried that I had feelings for her, so I decided to tell her. I was already planning on telling her, just a little later. I just looked at her and said that I didn't have feelings for her and that I was not straight. I told her how I identify specifically later, but when I came out, I just said not straight. She reacted in basically the exact same way as my other friend, so it was really positive! As a side note, I was able to successfully set her up with the guy I mentioned earlier! :icon_bigg

Coming out to even my two best friends was really hard, but I did it. I'm really happy that I managed to do this, and I hope that others will come out and experience the same results as I did! I'm so glad that my friends are always there for me!

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know the feeling. One of my friends was supporting and accepting but didn't really get it yet but that's ok.

My best friend however doesn't care and by doesn't care, it doesn't affect him and I at the least. He "always knew" something was up and was waiting on me to tell him.

I'm still not sure where I'm going and when but... well done to you!

3. Perfection

Thank you! And, I'm glad that you also had positive experiences!