1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just came out to a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Notsoshure, May 4, 2014.

1. Notsoshure

I haven`t really told anyone about my sexuality, so i decided that it probably would make me feel better if i told someone and had someone i could talk to about it, so i decided to tell a friend of mine. I know she would never have anything against me or look at me differently, so i figured she is a great person to tell.

It was actually harder than i thought. I thought about it a lot before i even dared to open my mouth. I felt really anxious and nervous. I didn`t really know how i should tell it to her.

So i just told her i had to tell her something. she said ok and waited for me to continue. I paused a bit before i just said "I don`t even know how to do this, how do you even come out of the closet?" And she went completely silent. I was so nervous i swear i could have exploded, but i just continued talking since she didnt say anything. I told her i am shure i am not straight. I told her i`m bi, or that i could be lesbian for all i know and that she is the first person i have ever told this to.

It felt akward, but she said she didn`t have anything against it, and she even made a couple jokes and we talked about being gay and such. She asked me some questions about how i knew and such and i told her about it. It was also nice to talk to her about how i`m not shure what i should tell my parents and such.

I feel pretty good right now, but i`m still a little bit shaky. This whole coming out of the closet thing is actually harder and more scary than i could have ever imagined.

Just thought i would share this because i am pretty happy i finally told someone about it :slight_smile:

2. Jethro702

Congrats! You have a great friend! :slight_smile:

3. RvP

RvP

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    CONGRATS!!!! 2 days ago i told my best guy friend i'm gay. it was so hard to say and my heart was pounding. But when i told him i zoned out and hit my head. I then felt scared on what he had to say. Later that day i told him "Do you hate me, now that you know my sexuality? he replied " Not at all we are still good friends" well you look pretty older then me but im only 14. Btw congrats and it did feel good to finally get that off my chest. tbh you should ask that same question and see what she says.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations!