1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[From You] Came out to a friend [Local Drunkard]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by InaRut, Aug 3, 2008.

1. InaRut

So last night I was drinking (Which I have pictures of in my album if you need any proof). And basically during this drinking somehow me and a friend (who were pretty much up when everyone was passing out) got talking in the hallway outside of my friend's appartment. And basically he was having issues with this girl...and if he really wants her...and the word asexual came up alot but what he says, "I say it as a joke?" Mind you this was a very drunk convo. So basically he had sex with this girl...which he says it's rare for him to find a girl who feels special enough, and that he didn't think it was right to have sex with this girl. And all the while he sorta kept hinting towards my homosexuality.

And I was like, "Okay I am." And then he was like, "That's why we get along, we are both the same in a way (He wasn't saying he was gay..He was trying to say something else)." And then he continued talking about this girl. And how he doesn't feel right to be with her. But how he kinda wants to be with her? I don't know. It's all a little uuh...foggy.

So anyways I told him I was gay. He was cool with it. He actually said he really respected me for comming out to my family. And he says he respects me for dealing with it uhh...so well. Basically he had to fish it out of me. But I said it. And I don't know if he remembers what was discussed, I mean I'm sure he will.

The next step really is to talk to him about it. Which I'll do over MSN. But gawd. It felt so good to just let the booze take place and just say it. I mean no regrets. No hesitation. I was just like, "Yep. It's me."

Now I'm a little scared because my friend happened to be yelling everything. And I'm just worried if anyone heard the conversation. Xept when we had it everyone was passed out. But still.

I mean today, for my hangover activity I went to a car show. COMPLETELY SOBER. No drinking. Just cars and sausages and lemonade and pretty blockhouse island. And then after that we went out for dinner. Just me and my 19 year old friends who all got drunk while I waited to order my food.

Anyways this girl that I'm sorta friends with (it's a mutual respect) starts saying how I can't say anything about sex because I know nothing about women. And then she started flapping her head and was like, "There's no way your straight. At least Bi. But I wouldn't even believe that."

And I'm here like, -awkward smile-

I mean I was half tempted to say, "Well I'm gay." But honestly my straight crush was there. Recently just talking about how these fags were trying to hit on him. My best friend was there who would never believe I'm gay. That girl who said this stuff was there. This other hot guy was there who acts much like a frat bro. It'd be, "I'm gay."

*the table pauses and stares*

*Phil puts a twenty on the table and walks out of the pub*

-_- I'm glad that I might have a friend now though. Someone who understands my problem.

But maybe all it was was drunk talking.

Frig though. When I start comming out. I gotta stop drinking. HAHA!

2. Bryan90

Well Phil... it's good to hear that your first went pretty alright.. I hope the others go fine as well..

3. panda

Good Phil:thumbsup:

4. InaRut

Well techincally it's not my first. It's my first one that didn't feel like complete and utter doom was comming to me. It just felt..like non-stressful. Like once I said it the conversation continued. Like I just told him I had actually blond hair or something. It was a very nice way to come out. Specially when he told me he was understanding. And he respected me even.

GOSH

5. Beebo

Right on Phil. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. biisme

yay! i'm glad that he took it so easily!

7. Shebbs

Yay Phil! (*hug*)

8. InaRut

Hahahah I still haven't had the chance to talk to him on MSN

9. ctw0625

ctw0625 Guest

hope it goes as well as the first conv. make sure you keep us up to date!

10. InaRut

Of course I would keep you guys in touch. It'd be like not writing an end to the most amazing novel ever.

And I would never keep you guys hanging...never ever *looks awkwardly upwards and then does the Stephen Harper smile *

11. acorn7

Ewwww. Do you get the plastic brown wig too?

But yeah, great job! The guy sounded pretty cool.

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am glad it went well for you and that he is understanding.

13. InaRut

Well basically over MSN I said, "You haven't told anybody about our conversation, have you."
    "Of course not."
    "Oh okay."

>_>

It's just that a different friend made a gay joke about me. And I was like, "What are you implying?"

14. ctw0625

ctw0625 Guest

oh, i'm so happy for you! it's great that you now have someone you can trust and share your thoughts with until you're ready to come completely out. hope things continue to go well.

15. Tommy Price

Tommy Price Guest

It sort of reminds me of the time i came out. I was totaly drunk. I told my best friend. We then kissed. And then I kissed his girlfriend, who is another good friend of mine. They are no longer together and he is totaly straight, but super hot.