1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The future looks bright, my coming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Dexter Colton, May 5, 2014.

1. Dexter Colton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A while ago I posted a thread asking what is there left to do since I'm getting married. I was inspired to write this because of chip and those who posted. So now that I am at the top it's time I tell you the story from the very bottom.

I told myself that I was gay back in junior high. I remember it so well. I was scared to tell anyone let alone my parents. So freshmen year came around and I went to my trusted friend and said to her "look we have been friends since 1st grade could I trust you with a secret" she of course said yes and I told. Then that moment was when I started my road to coming out.

I told all my trusted friends and didn't tell the people who would accept me. When almost all of my friends knew my friend who I told first asked me the hardest question. "Have you told your parents yet?" At that moment I froze. I hadn't thought about telling my parents. I said I would tell them when the time was right. Little did I know when that was.

Skipping ahead a few years to my junior year. My mother and I were taking a trip to see les mis. When we were talking about who I was dating I said in my mind that I was now or never. So I said "mom I would like to be serious for a secound, I just wanted to tell you that I'm gay". She was shocked by the news I had said. She said after a short time "you know what you are my son and no matter who you like you will always be my son" when she said that we hugged and continued eating. She may not have known it but when she said that I knew that the family will know. So I told my father and brother and both said the would still call me family.

Now I'm here. I tied up lose ends and told the rest of my friends. Now I'm graduated, soon to be married, I have a great job, and have a nice house where I have my own family. From all of this the one thing to get is, the future looks bright you just have to find that one person to give you a nudge in the right direction.

And that's my story

2. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stupid me, why haven't I started reading stuff like this, it always makes me smile! So thank you for that smile, and I wish for that brightness in your future to stay for many years to come :slight_smile:

3. Dexter Colton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you so much your words are very warming

4. Tracks

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

5. Aaron82

Aaron82 Guest

It's great story. Congratulation:grin: Wish you all best:grin: