1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A cute, funny story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Kurokatt, May 6, 2014.

1. Kurokatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, so I'm new here.
    Anyway, this isn't my coming out story, it's one that I over heard in the hallway a few weeks ago, and his bravery is actually what made me decide that I wanted to come out.

So, some background. I know these two people, not very well though, they're in a grade below myself. One's a boy, and the other's a girl, they're really close friends from what I know. Any way, I was making my way from 1st period (I was taking a different route today because i had to go to the library for French).
    So, as I was walking down the hall, the pace had basically slowed to a stop as this hallway is ridiculously crowded; so to my right was a girl, and then a guy on the otherside of her. So the guy is playing it smooth and they were talking:
    Guy: "So there's this person who I really like"
    In my head: -OOOOOOOH, He's gon' ask her out-
    Girl: "Okay..." -akwardly- "Who is it?"
    Guy: "Oh, it's this guy in my English class."
    Girl: "Wait! You're gay?" -almost offended-
    In my head: -Wait WHAT am I witnessing here?-
    Guy: "Yeah, I've been meaning to tell you..."
    Girl: -silence-
    Guy: "If you want me to go away, I can just disappear or something..."
    In my head: -Well this just became awkward-
    Girl: "I thought you were going to ask me out..."
    In my head: -What just happened-

At this point the pace had sped up and I headed off to the library for French so I missed the rest of the conversation, but it was probably the most interesting thing to ever happen near me. x3 So, naturally, I had to share.

---------- Post added 6th May 2014 at 09:29 PM ----------

Anyway, I still see them hanging out at lunch and what have you so I know it turned out alright.

*Shrugs*

I wish I could come out in such a witty manner.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets!

Being a witness to the conversation has given you the motivation to come out, which in itself is quite fantastic. Something tells me that you do have it within you to come out in the same way.

As nerve wrecking as this might or could be, why not go back to the boy, and talk with him - even if it is just to say thank for giving you the encouragement to come out. :slight_smile: