1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out yesterday night !

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by FrenchKid98, May 8, 2014.

1. FrenchKid98

So yesterday around midnight I came out to one of my best friends. I was really anxious as I had no idea of his opinion on lgbt people. I didn't come out the most courageous way as I did it via a Facebook message but I'm still quite proud :slight_smile:
    He asked me a couple questions like if I found that out or if I chose it, I told him why would I choose to be hated in like 50% of the world. He also asked me how and when I knew, I told him I was carrying this secret for almost 5 years since 2009 in 6th grade, went through periods of self hatred and depression and I only told one other person and I knew the same way he knew he liked girls. He told me he knew he liked girls because the first time he saw boobs and a vagina his D got hard :lol: I told him it kinda goes the same way for me... We talked a bit more about it.
    Haven't talked to him in person since then as we have IGCSEs (pretty much British SATs only much harder in my opinion - have done PSAT as well as I'm in an International School) this month and we only come to school for the exams.
    I have an English reading IGCSE exam this afternoon and he told me he wanted to speak more about after the exam so I'll update accordingly.
    So that's all for now, wish me luck for my exam lol

2. polarpol

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Good luck, frenchKid98!

3. FrenchKid98

Okay so I didn't have a chance to speak to him in person as I was in the kids who finished early and this friend wasn't but we talked on Facebook not about my coming out but normal stuff so he doesn't seem to mind and he doesn't treat me differently which is a big relief :slight_smile:

4. mangotree

That's great FrenchKid98.

Sounds like you chose a good person to come out to.
    He realises that you're still the same person, he just knows a bit more about you now.
    It's also good that you've realised that you dont have to talk about being gay every time you talk. Of course, if you need support and advice from him - I'm sure he'll be there. Or if he has girl, romance or even depression, anxiety or stress issues that he wants to talk about - perhaps you'll be one of the people he goes to now.

Good luck with your exams!