1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recently came out to two friends at school! :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by itsjess, May 14, 2014.

1. itsjess

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm out to four people at school (namely the other gay kids that I know of, haha), but I'm not particularly close to them. In the past few weeks I finally mustered the courage to come out to my two closest friends at school!

I am now almost certain I'm a lesbian but a few weeks ago I was at a point where I was questioning my sexuality and wondering whether I could be bi or not. She was asking for advice on.. ahem.. doing the dirty with a guy she'd met out clubbing a few weekends ago and the conversation went something like..
    Me: Don't ask me, I've only had sex with two people!
    Her: *insert ex-boyfriend's name here* andddd?
    Me: ...
    Her: Boy or girl?
    Me: Girl...
    Her: *insert my best friend's name here*?
    Me: ... Yeah.
    Her: You two are dating?
    Me: Nope..
    Her: So... Are you.. *whispers*.. bi?
    Me: Yeah.
    Her: AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!
    And as awkward and quiet as I was, that was that. It was done and she was wonderful about it. She hugged me, realized that I looked a bit shaken and walked with me to class. She asked why I'd never told her sooner, told me she was proud of me and loved me, wondered whether I'd thought she was "some kind of asshole homophobe". Within a week she was making jokes about it and asking what sex with girls is like. I HAVE WONDERFUL FRIENDS.

A few weeks later we were discussing crushes and it came to light that I've fancied a girl in our year for the past two years.. WHOOPS. The friend I was out to LITERALLY GUESSED IN ONE GO. Guess it's kind of obvious to the people who know me, hahaha. Our other mutual bestie overheard the conversation but didn't catch the girls name, so spent the day reminding me that I had to tell her on Facebook that night.
    I was too nervous to tell friend 2, so friend 1 did it for me.. Friend 2 (the one who I was freshly out to) just messaged me, told me it was okay and that I can't help who I fancy and she loves me regardless!!

If anything we've all only gotten closer since. In summary, I have the best friends. In the world. Ever.

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations. You have some great friends :slight_smile:

3. IG88

Haha that's awesome! You have some good friends.

You should post a copy of your story in the funny coming out stories thread.

4. itsjess

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I choose 'em well :icon_wink
    I've just posted in that thread, thanks for the suggestion loveliest!! :icon_bigg:icon_bigg