1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Transportation Awkwardness

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by tylerksub, Aug 7, 2008.

1. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

I Dont think this really needs to be here but its getting late and not ready to sleep yet.

At 9 o'clock I got off of work and headed to the bus stop.
    I got to sit for maybe 12 seconds before this women started talking to me.
    She seemed to recognize me but i still dont really remember who she is.
    She ran over and sat next to me (its a large buss station with two or three sections of seats)
    She leaned in and told me that the guy that was next to her is a creep and has been talking to her for longer then she could stand (I know the feeling)
    Up close i remember her face. My parents used to work with her mother for about 5 years.
    She asked for my home phone to talk to my Father (AWKWARD)
    I gave it to her and i'm not really sure why i did.
    She talked to my parents for a few minutes and then started talking to me.
    Talked about school and all the things that happened after i moved away.
    She then asked me If i had a girl friend (even if i was straight i'm not the type that dates)
    I told her i was gay. It like spilled out and felt sooooooo good to say out loud.
    She went nuts, kept asking me if i was joking until a guy from her school walked by.
    The guy came running up and tackle-hugged me. Hes really touchy but this was more awkward then i could ever imagine and the girl was laughing so hard it was scary.
    I was busting up trying not to laugh and she told him i was gay. He then walked away but i didnt hear the conversation the had because the bus came up and i was ready to get out of that situation.
    She sat in the seat in front of me and asked me names of kids from her school and actors that i thought were cute. (I didnt know half the names) But she was having fun.

So now she knows i'm gay along with a kid from my old school and 3 kids who go to the school i went to last year. I do feel better but i dont know why. This little group will spread the message quicker then id like but i dont think i mind. Shes been going to the college i will be going to in the Fall so i'l be dragging her to the GLBTS Group as payback if i decide to go.:eusa_danc

This turned out alot longer then i imagined.:sleep:

2. lolz

haha thats good though..

sometimes i get little bursts of confidence where i want to leave EC up on the computer, or just come downstairs and say "IM GAY!"

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same for me...I almost came out via EC desktop, but changed it at the last minute. I don't think I'd ever be able to tell a near-stranger that I just met on the bus.

4. darkestknight

Wow, peculiar moment! :grin:

I sometimes wish I could just burst out "I'm BI" like this. Hehe.

One of my close friend's outing, I almost did that. But didn't. :grin:

5. hairdye

I think you should tell the people close to you, before they find out from someone else.
    it's harder for people close to you to handle if you don't tell them. it leaves them with questions. and it will make them feel like you didn't care about them enough to tell them.