1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No right, no wrong, but I still think I did it wrong

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Gentlady, May 19, 2014.

1. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A couple of weeks ago I was discussing serious stuff with my dad after not seeing him in a month(he and mom are getting a divorce and I live at mom's). So, during this discussion, I suddenly blurt out "I'm hopeless". He asks what do I mean, and I reply by saying "dad... I kinda have a couple of crushes... Two of them hate me and one is a girl". He didn't seem to have any kind of a problem with the one being a girl(he did say it could be just a phase, it's the age and everything, which really irritates me, because while I am perfectly aware of the possibility of this being just a phase, I still think that if someone says it COULD be just a phase, they don't take me seriously or don't believe me). He didn't mention it after the discussion. When I saw him again, he asked me "what's up with the crushes?" but didn't in any way indicate to remembering that one of them is actually a girl. Now I am afraid he doesn't either remember or want to believe it. I know he would never have anything against me(even when I chose to ignore him for a month), but I think he wants to put it aside and still believe I only like guys.:bang::tears:

2. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Replies would be appreciated

3. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mean Like... What the heck should I do...??

4. WearyWanderer

I think you're looking at this the wrong way. He could just be seeing it as not a big deal. A crush is a crush. He didn't seem to specify the gender when he asked how the crushes were going. Even if he thinks it COULD be a phase, I think he got the message pretty clear.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. You seem to still be unsure yourself, so it's probably best to figure things on your own and then tell your dad you have more than a crush.