1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Straight Roommates

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by GurtieP, May 24, 2014.

1. GurtieP

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For a while now, I've been pretty anxious about coming out to my three roommates. So far, everyone had been really great about it, but I always got nervous thinking about coming out to these guys. But, it went GREAT. I told each of them separately. One just looked at me and said that he didn't care, then went back to the video game he was playing. One told me that I'm his best friend and he loves me. The other, who never talks about anything serious, made me sit down and told me that people are people and that being gay doesn't make me any less of his best friend. Tears followed. God, I love my roommates.

There are lots of threads on here about coming out anxiety. I just wanted to share my encouraging story. Cheers!

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a great story, GurtieP!

You chose your friends well, and they chose a great guy to be friends with! :grin:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have some pretty awesome roommates! Wonderful that they were all accepting and so supportive. Your story will give encouragement to others. :slight_smile: