1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your story? Here is mine.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Legore, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Legore

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I was wondering if anyone had any simalar experiances I have, I am openly bisexual and I have found a girlfriend who accepts me for me and it is simply fantastic, I am on my schools Gay-Straight Alliance board of about 45-50 members, anyway that is not what this post is about, this post is about storys that have happened to me and I wanted to know if you all had any advise or simalar storys as well...

I knew I liked boys in 7th grade, there was this AMAZING boy, I swear, he had like a light shining around him and I was just infatuated with him, I told myself what I was feeling was wrong and passed it off as just something odd and unusual, but not a crush...well sort of.

I would go to my brother and say things like "haha guess what? I like boys...."
    and I would wait for his reaction and than I would say "Just kidding, haha fooled you" I used to do this alot with my friends and family just to gauge there reaction, for future refrence I didn't know it than, but it did help.

I relized and came ot terms with my sexuality my Freshman year of High School, but I still didn't tell anyone, yet it still radiated off me apparently because I would come home crying because of some of the things that where done to me.

One time....The whole wrestling team found out that I was possibly "gay" and they followed me around school, pinching my ass and hollering at me saying sexual terms and what not, I could not handle this.I started cutting. Later on me and my mom went to the office, guess what they did?

absolutly nothing.

This would quickly change when I met my hero.

Fastforword to my Junior year of High School [now, well about 5 monthes ago]
    AGAIN I was getting hurrased because of my sexuality, but this time I had an alli. I went to my GSA adviser [also my sign launguage teacher] crying my eyes out telling her I coulden't do it anymore and that the school isn't doing shit, even though there are signs everywhere.

Her and I went to the dean of disiplin, he told us he would give him a "warning" when this fucking kid had already goten like 53564 warnings before, an this was JUST on this topic. I started bitching him out [the dean of disiplin] telling him that why should I have to suffer again just for justice to be served....he basically said he wasen't going to do anything and told me I was overreacting, and that boys will be boys, but if someone had said the N word than it would have been different. Sara [GSA adviser] wasen't going to take this. She contacted GLSEN and got me a lawyer.

They threatened the school, and guess what? The school started to listen.
    but only to an extent. I am trying to make as big of a difference as I possibly can, and I have made a big one so far and I will not go unspoken anymore, I try to stand up for thoes who used ot be like I was before I came out and what not.

Gahh don't even get me started on my family...shitttt.

my mom is bisexual, her and I are close, but me and my father...

"I have failed as a father"...

blah blah blah....

"procreation...."

2. Jim1454

Wow! Insprirational stuff! Good for you, and good for Sara. Can't say that I've been through a similar situation, but I commend you for the courage you've shown in this situation.

3. xequar

I'm glad to hear that you're standing up for yourself! I probably had the easiest time of coming out, so all I can do is respect and admire someone who has to deal with all of that kind of crap.

4. Legore

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you so much for the replys, it makes it much easier knowing you have people on your side.

5. Jim1454

That's what this site is all about. Belonging. It feels good!

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my gosh you're from that "other" Vancouver! *grin*

Cool story... glad the school is wising up a bit. Your advisor sounds amazing.

7. Legore

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ahahaha that's what we call Vancouver B.C...

We acuatly have a shirt that says "Vancouver, NOT B.C, Washington, NOT D.C.

Aha damn our second class names :[

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey that shirt rhymes! :lol:

That's funny, though!

9. Legore

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I want to live in Canada.

America tends to let you down.

10. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh trust me, Canada does too... just not so much on the world stage in front of everybody. :lol:

But yeah, given a choice between the two, I know where I'd stay.

11. Zaurak

I thought Washington was supposed to be more open mionded thatn a lot of the country. Then again, Texas is supposed to be hell for gays but I've had nothing but support from the teachers I've told and the people that know about me. Exept for one asswhole whose ass I kicked. hapily, no one has harrased me or called me names out of hate and disaproval. And I live in a relatively small town right outside of Dallas, arounf 33K people.

12. Legore

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Washington is alright, but there can always make more improvements. It seems to me that Texas has more approval that where I live, I mean I get hurrased alot over here, but I have half the school on my side so it is pretty much divided, but it seems like all these states, such as Pregon are always two steps ahead of where I live; so it is a bit of a let down at times.

13. Zaurak

Do you live in a small town or a big city, I was surprised when everyone was so nice and accepting when I got here because this was a relatively small town