1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom's okay with it!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Kabuki, May 25, 2014.

1. Kabuki

I already gave the news on another thread, but I guess I'll update it here so it can be on the correct thread. I guess the news does deserve it's own thread.

It happened last week. I wrote my mom a letter that consisted of 4 pages telling her all about me being gay. I explained most of the things I wanted for her to understand, like that I was born like this and I've done my best to change but it didn't happen. We are very Christian so I also explained to her my views on the whole subject of homosexuality and sins. I'm happy to say that she took it well!! Although she holds to her beliefs and to the possibility that God may change me, I'm still grateful that she didn't pressure me at all with them. She let me know her point of view and I did the same and she respects them. I'm happy to have such an understanding mom! I'm sure she will still pray for my well being, so I'll leave the rest to God, if I'm not supposed to be gay, then God will act, if I'm meant to be gay then He'll act as well, letting me and my mom know.

I'm grateful to everyone that gave me support on the other thread I made (*hug*)
    I hope you guys are able to achieve the results I have, and if not, never forget that there are others very proud of you for being honest, to yourself, and to those that you love. :grin:

2. tulipinacup

I'm really happy for you :slight_smile: and It's great that your mum is okay with it. You actually give me some ideas in coming out because I'm also planning to tell my mum with the help of my psychologist. Like you, we are also a Christian family so I might as well write a letter and explain that I've never chosen this and probably write some biblical references as well.

Congrats again and hopefully your whole family will accept you for who you really are:slight_smile:

3. Kabuki

Thanks a lot!! I'm glad my experience has become something that can help you on your coming out. :grin:

4. stillhidden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's awesome! I'm really happy for you! :slight_smile: (*hug*)

5. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Kabuki. This can help me with my letter to my parents too.

6. Kabuki

Thank you guys! I'm glad of being of help :grin: