1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She knows now.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by standby, May 26, 2014.

1. standby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone. I'm 26 and reside currently in the Pacific NW, originally from the midwest, aka: the Bible Belt. I've been married for 7 years and have two lovely children; a girl of age 7, a boy of age 6.

I came out last night. I've known since I was 12. I've lived by other people's standards and in constant terror of being honest with the public, my family and friends, and most importantly, myself. I hid my personal excursions from the public view and denied and shuffled away legitimate emotions and feelings.

My wife is supportive, but the marriage is dead. As much of a burden has been lifted and the completely new outlook and perspective on the possibilities of my existence are welcomed are refreshing, it is painful to see the pain in her eyes. It's painful to know the transition stage we're walking into is going to take a temporarily toll on my availability to my children due to circumstances. It's painful knowing that while it has to happen that the things I do appreciate from spending 7 years with someone, the little things, are going to be gone.

I'm not hiding anymore, and that feels good. I'm optimistic, and that's new.

#1 standby, May 26, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
  2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! It's great that you have decided to join, and share your coming out story. I can imagine that on the one hand you feel a sense of relief, and a new beginning, and on the other, a part of you is feeling for your wife and family.

It will take time for the healing process to begin, but maybe not all is lost. It is possible that once things settle down, your wife will continue to be an integral part of your life. It sounds like that your children will, which is wonderful.

It's great that you have decided to take the step you have, and that you are optimistic about your future. :slight_smile:

3. Aaron82

Aaron82 Guest

Hi standby.
    I have been married for 6 years, I have 5 years old son. My wife was supportive too.
    It's great that you decided to join to EC.