1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A 2 for 2 come out day...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by QueerTransEnby, May 27, 2014.

1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The other day it was my aunt...

Tonight(well technically last night now), I came out to my uncle and brother. My uncle and I were never close at all. He's been out as gay for like 10 yrs. with a few boyfriends. I won't say that I mistreated him, but I wasn't supportive of gay marriage when I was in denial just civil unions. We patched things up tonight. He said he thought I was either bi or gay for a long time as did my Grandmother before she died in 2001 apparently. "Why did you wait so long?" he asked. "Have you considered my parents?" I said.

My brother was extremely supportive. He said I was brave based on our upbringing. He promises to keep it a secret until I tell the parents which may be awhile. We usually never talk about sexual stuff, but I found out he was close to having a girlfriend in college; his anxiety from Asperger's got in the way.

My brother also told me that he had studied the Kinsey very thoroughly as his fascination was always video games, legos, and researching. He said "the problem with our society is people think you are 100% gay or 100% straight, most people fall into neither." He also said how he found out that position in the womb and hormones can alter the orientation of a child. He said something about finger length too.

Another great coming out story with plenty of surprises...11 and counting.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations!

3. Silas

Congrats!! :icon_mrgr

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Glad to read that your coming out to your uncle and brother went so well, and that you are continuing to come out to your family. It sounds like that your uncle and yourself are on the way to create a closer relationship. Congratulations! :slight_smile: