1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Randomly crying

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ETCA, May 29, 2014.

1. ETCA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I came out to my parents just a couple months ago, but long before that was when I actually realized my sexuality. The thing with my parents and me is that we're really open with each other. Lying doesn't exist in our world and whenever something is wrong, we make sure to tell each other. So hiding my sexuality from them felt horrible. Not too long before I came out to them, every now and then while we were talking, I would find myself crying randomly, sometimes right in front of them. One night, while we were eating dinner, we were talking about the hunting trip my dad and I would be going on soon, and I burst into tears, all the while shoveling pork chops into my mouth. That was only about a week before I came out.
    Anyone else go through that?

2. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

No.. I haven't but that sounds horrible! I am sorry to say but I did laugh at the part where you said you were crying while shoving pork chops in your mouth.. But I feel bad because I know how horrible that would have felt for you.

I have had my fair share of crying alone in my room and crying in silence. I haven't killed anyone so I don't know why my sexuality is such a big deal to me. Anyway.. How did your family take it after you came out to them?

3. StillHere

I sometimes cry randomly in public or around my family. Not specifically about sexuality or anything. I tend to hold a lot of things in and let it out randomly. :/

4. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I kind of go through the same thing. At the worst possible times, my brain will become overwhelmed and I will start having an anxiety attack, which for me includes crying.

5. confuseduser99

I've had similar experiences, although I never cried. Like you, I'm close with my parents and we have an open and transparent relationship. I've hidden my sexuality from the world for almost 8 years, including to myself. I came out to myself about a month ago. The week I came out to myself was the week I moved back home with mom and dad for the summer. While talking to them about things, I would challenge them, or drop subtle hints about my sexuality.

I just came out to my mom on Saturday. My dad still has yet to find out. It's hard keeping something this big from your parents, especially when you have an open relationship with them.

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    After I came out to my brother over the phone and was going over to my parent's house so mom could take me to an appointment, I cried. I started the car up and "In the Name of Love(Pride)" came on the radio. It was at that moment that I finally realized that this is real. I am really going to have a different life even though I hadn't come out to the rents yet, I had with other family.

I was in the car with my mom to the appointment and cried. It was partially due to the changes within me but also from the pain with my headaches/dizziness. Of course, I made it seem like I was upset with the pain and didn't mention my bisexuality yet.

It's been a very emotional 12 months.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This will sound odd but... it's a really, really good thing. Having good access to our emotions is a really important part of being open and vulnerable, which, in turn, is necessary in order to connect authentically with those we care about.

Society tends to see expressions of grief as weakness, which they are not. I will say that emotional peaks and valleys are common in the teen years and sometimes into the 20s, so while you didn't say how old you are, if you're in that age range, it's all the more common.

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And if you have unresolved issues from your 20's etc, they can cause you to have strong emotions in your 30's.

9. ETCA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Eh. Now that I look back on it, it actually was kind of funny how weird it looked, but my parents were a little freaked out. School had been crap at the time anyways, so that was a pretty legit excuse.

My dad, surprisingly (he told me he didn't really believe in same sex relationships before I came out) took it the best. My mom is convinced its a phase. But they both support me. I'm really really fortunate to have that. My sister was just like "ok, cool. Tell me when you get a girlfriend. Now, I gotta go or I'll be late to the movies."

10. FrenchKid98

Even though it might not happen at the best time, keep in mind crying helps getting things out and it is important to be able to feel strong emotions at some point.
    Random crying never happened to me but for the past 1 or 2 years I actually haven't been able to cry. I have gotten close to it but haven't actually cried and I think that this is caused by years of keeping things in and not letting my emotions and feelings show and now that I accepted myself I want to get things out but I can't...
    Anyway, what I want to say is that crying is a good thing and, in my opinion, you shouldn't try to supress it.