1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figured out what kind of genderqueer I am.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wuggums47, May 30, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I told my mom I was an androgynous demiguy today, had to explain what it was, but I she's fine with it. It wasn't much of coming out, she already knows I have some gender issues, and that I like people of all genders. I go to an online high school, and I was wondering when I go off to college how I should handle disclosing my identity to people. I feel like if I told them I was a pansexual androgynous demiguy, they either wouldn't know what it is, or laugh at how ridiculous that sounds. Does anyone here have stories about how they told/tell people about being genderqueer? Should I bring it up to my friends, if so when do I do that? If they flat out ask me, I'll tell them, but otherwise how do you tell people. By the time I'm in college, I'll already have better, more androgynous clothes.

How will I handle dorms? Do I just go in to the male dorms because of my biology? I don't feel like I belong in the female dorms any more though. Are their any unisex dorms? Also, kind of unrelated, Do dorms have individual showers? I can't shower in front of other people, or look at guys naked without freaking out.

It occurs to me that this is kind of in the wrong section, it's both a story of me coming out, and asking for advice coming out even more when I get to college.

#1 Wuggums47, May 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014