1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They accept me as I am

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Filly76, May 30, 2014.

1. Filly76

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all,

I came out to my mom in law, my one friend couple and my sister in law and her husband today.

I was actually very confident and at peace when I told them. None of them saw this one coming. :lol:

My mother in law cried, but afterward said she understands. And she respects me as I am, she gave me a big hug and said she will always see us as Filly and Patrick. That I am always welcome in her family. Actually she seems to have had more trouble with the fact that I told her at the same time that I am becoming a Buddhist. (they're all Christians).

José and Eddy they listened, he has no problem with it at all, and she said God accepts us as we are, and in the next sentence asked if I want her to pray for me for deliverance of my sexuality. I said no thank you, I don't need deliverance from myself. And that I like the fact that I am lesbian and that it has been a very healing experience allowing my sexuality to finally emerge and take hold in my life. She respects this, and they both say I am still welcome, and am still their friend.

Patricks sister and her husband listened to my letter and immediately said: we accept you as you are, you are always welcome here.

I have not earned this, not in the least. I have treated my husband like dirt for nine years in my hatred and anger and fear. And he is still here at my side. And even after telling these people some of the details of the hell we have been through in those nine years they still welcome me with open arms. It is amazing and the last thing I ever expected.

Peace at last. No more hiding away. I used to live so deep in my closet that I was actually living in Narnia (for those who know the film). Now the closet is gone.

I have gained so much this year. SO MUCH. By finally embracing my sexuality. I have my life back, I am healed, my social anxiety is gone, my anger is gone, I am free to do as I wish at home, I am soon to be single and yet still have my good friend with me in the same house, I have gained a mom, a sister, a brother and regained my friend. I have energy, and my music (which has gained a new depth), I am free of a very destructive job. I am in full contact with myself, the peace overwhelms me. All wonderful gifts I have not earned, and yet actually have. (!)

2. White Knight

You did great and have a great friends & family.

So happy for you. (*hug*)