1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Awkward

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Najlen, May 31, 2014.

1. Najlen

The most recent people I've told I told while at a sleepover birthday party. We were playing zombie apocalypse, which is like a cross between tag and hide and seek played in total darkness. I was a human, and I wanted to win, so while the zombies were counting I decided to be Katniss (lol) and climbed a tree. The tree I climbed happened to be right next to the tent we were supposed to sleep in. The game began, and after a while my teammate found me and climbed up with me. The team of zombies started catching people pretty quickly, and soon two of the victims went into the tent to talk. One of the girls was depressed and needed someone to talk to, and based on the context of their conversation I figured out pretty quickly who she was. I don't know why we didn't tell them we were in the tree, but we didn't. Then, the depressed girl out of the blue asked, "is <my name> a lesbian?" the other girl said "What the ham? I don't think so." (yes, she actually said what the ham, not what the hell, that led me to figure out who she was, I only know one person who says that) Then the said, "I don't know, actually, she might be." At that point, we told them we were in the tree. When the game was over (We won) The girls in the tent kept apologizing to me. I tried to tell them it was fine, and I didn't care, but they wouldn't stop, so I came out to them. It was awkward, made more awkward because another friend heard them talking in the tent, got upset, and ran off. Then all 8 of us went to sleep in one 5-man tent. It was really extremely awkward, even though the people I told were fine with it. I hope I will be able to laugh about this someday.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :grin:
    Man that sounds like a scene from a teen drama movie! Overheard while hiding in a tree. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Glad to hear they took it well. I wish I had friends to play zombie apocalypse with to be honest. I need to go ahead and start an adult tag league in my city.

3. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What the ham?:roflmao:

Glad that everyone was fine with it.

4. Najlen

That friend has all kinds of things like that that she says all the time. She's the only person I know who can carry them off. TJ: It was exactly like a teen drama movie!

5. Clay

Ok so it all made sense up until the other friend got upset and ran off. That just seemed random.

6. Najlen

She got upset because she felt like the friend who said "What the ham" didn't defend me or something like that.

7. Silver Sparrow

Glad it ended up ok!

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can understand as to why you feel awkward about it but I'm sure you will be able to lough about it someday. Glad to read though that your coming out still went well, and that everybody was fine with it. :slight_smile: