1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jaynesgirl84, May 31, 2014.

1. jaynesgirl84

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hid in the closet for years. I'm from Oklahoma where it can be very hard to be who you are if you're different. I have known for a long time i was at least bi. I finally admitted to myself when i was 21 who i was. I didn't come out though until i was 26. i came out to 2 friends who lived out of state over the net. it was easier with it not being face to face. they both excepted me completely and i was telling them that i was really worried about telling my mom. She is a big supporter of the community but its different when it's your child. They convinced me to tell her and i sat in my room trying to figure out what I wanted to say. I went into the livingroom and asked her. "Hey mom if i brought home a girl instead of a boy would you be ok with that?" She looked confused. "Of course but why would you?" was her response. I laughed and told her i was gay. that i had been hiding it but finally felt it was time to be me. After telling her I didn't care who knew. I went to work the next day and kind of started telling everyone. I only had one person kind of be a brat but I just ignored her. My family is different. The people I'm close to didn't care. The people that always had issues with me disowned me. I'm ok with that. I know I'm lucky and i will never take it for granted.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really awesome. I'm really glad that you felt so much acceptance and support when you decided to tell everybody.
    Really awesome experience. <3