1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to friend last night!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MyTruth2013, Jun 1, 2014.

1. MyTruth2013

I was out for drinks last night at a close friends house who I'm already out to. After long conversations between myself the close friend and another friend, I'll call "S" to avoid confusion, it was late and my close friend wanted to call it a night! So "S" and I went back to her house. I had been dropping hints for a while not overly on purpose but making comments in defense of the LGBTQ Community over the last few months in front of her. I was also sure due to her FB post she was supportive of Marriage equality! She had also admitted in the past to considering herself to be bisexual!!!
    So all in all this felt like a pretty safe choice! We were in some pretty deep conversation about making changes in your life and surrounding yourself with positive people... Then I just blurted it out! She didn't bat an eye! She's familiar with my overly religious upbringing, since she herself attended my overly homophobic church herself for a short time. She talked about how hard it was herself with accepting her own feelings and even doing the whole "pray the gay away" . It felt soooooo AMAZING to have someone who is going through something similar! Now through this entire ordeal I experienced NO anxiety!!! That's the main reason for me posting! I wanted to celebrate that fact! Felt easier to say and embrace!:eusa_danc

Yay ME! :eusa_clap

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    that's GREAT .. Well done you !

3. BleachedHair

BleachedHair Guest

I love this subforum!