1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my mom!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Najlen, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Najlen

I knew that my parents would be fine with it, but I didn't expect things to go the way they did. My mother and I were having a debate about the existence of bisexual people, I won, ha ha, and taught her some stuff about gender and sexuality. She asked me If I knew my orientation, so I told her. She said something like, ok, and I went to go play guitar because thats what I do when stuff happens. She talked to my dad a while later, and he (who was super tolerant before he went through sensitivity training at work) apparently told her not to say anything, ask me questions, or upset me in any way. I told her she could ask questions, but not too many. She actually asked me if I was sure I hadn't been influenced by my many bisexual friends (who she now believes exist) but since I didn't know they were bi until I came out to them, that was hardly relevant. Its kind of funny, though, she was raised in a very accepting and tolerant household, but she was definitely undereducated on certain subjects.

2. Kabuki

Congrats!!!! It's great they were accepting, and even better, you managed to teach her a few things about lgtb+ people in the process. :grin:

3. Hyaline

Yay!!! Congrats on taking the first step....