1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out, and everything is fine, but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TheShadowBehind, Jun 8, 2014.

1. TheShadowBehind

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I finely came out to my mother and sister, and as I had suspected, my sister is fine with it; my mother is too, but she is still hesitate to accept that it is true. I came out through a letter, addressed to no one in particular, with only my name at the end. However, despite doing so, I still feel scared and nauseous about the whole thing. I've taken back the letter, and I'm going to place it in drawer, or some out of the way place. I can't quite say why it is that I feel so afraid, or if it is just my imagination that there is an atmosphere of uneasiness about the house; all I know is that I've taken a long time to think about everything, and I feel pretty sure about that part of myself, though I can't say I know about the whole of my being. Do you think I'm still too, ignorant, or, inexperienced, to really know enough about myself to say that I'm a lesbian? I've never been in a relationship, nor do I have any wish to be for quite a while yet.
    Any wise or comforting words would be appreciated.

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    its all your choice if you want to come out or not, but if you feel you need more time to think then it might help you in the long run