1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably Out to Grade

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LongMayIReign, Jun 11, 2014.

1. LongMayIReign

In my English class we had to write an ephrastic poem and had the opportunity to publish it in our sxhool's online lit magazine. Although I had read the piece to my class as a requirement, I opted out of publishing it this year as it was an ode per say to Ellen Page's coming out speech as she is a huge inspiration to me. Today our teacher was showing us the version of the lit mag that is going live this weekend and my poem was the first one in the lineup. I had a moment of panic and told her in front of my entire class that I had not given her publishing rights to the poem. One immature kid did the stereotypical dramatic "ooooo" which just made it so awkward. Then another kid made a side comment about it being 'just a poem' and his friend said "It was probably personal or something of that experience" and *everyone* in the class (half my grade) looked at me. So that was kind of humiliating. I'm really hoping that I won't get too much shit for anything but I'm still super scared as the one out gay boy in my grade gets so much hate (I personally don't like him that much, but that's because he's often mean and immature not because he likes guys). Just six days of school left.

And I asked two of my best friends about it after and the one that gave me a positive no one noticed response was so blatantly lying. She always makes a face when she is lying and raises the pitch of her voice.

2. Gallatin

Well I hope things go smoothly for you over the next few days, and if the cat is out of the bag, I hope you find a lot of acceptance among your peers.

Also, love the Wallflower quote. :slight_smile: