1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm out and i can't believe it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ahunt83, May 14, 2005.

1. ahunt83

It all seems to ave happened quite fast but I am now officially out. It's like i wasn't really gay until i told someone, like as it was just in my head i could change my mind and no one would no. But then how can you change nature. My best mate Shelle e-mails me everyday at work and she sent me a message asking what was up and why i was acting strange. I jsut sent back that i was working through something and that i would be okay soon.

THe problem is Shelle cannot let anything go and so after a eries of mails i agreed to tell her what it was just not untill i could do it in person. So she gets home from work adn were sitting on my bed chatting about all the unimportant things and it goes silent. I knew i had to speak but it took em a few mins to say it. It seems such an easy thing to say, i mean it's just two words. Anyway in the end i managed to utter it, to say the words "I'm gay"

I don't know what i was expecting really, i thought she would either go quiet or go off the rails. Instead she just said 'and, is that it?'!! She was so cool with it she didn't even see wha the isue was! We sat up talking for an hour about everything, how i knew i was gay and she even agreed to go to some gay bars with me. I was so woried that this would ruin my life and alienate my best mate but in reality it's brought us closer. It just goes to show you never really know how anyone will react.

2. nisomer

Yay!!! Congrats! (!)

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Brilliant news - congratulations!! (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

4. Micah

That's aweomse :grin: congrats

5. TriBi

:icon_bigg It's always nice to hear the "good news" stories. (!)

6. hawkeye

cool! congrats

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey that's cool... isn't it great when something you think will be awful turns out to be fine?

:eusa_danc

8. ahunt83

Definalty is, now just have to work out how to tell everyone else. It seems like it's gonna be harder telling blokes, maybe cause they may get defensive and stuff or maybe it's just me overthinking things. I just think i'll feel a lot better when my core group of mates know it and i can start being myself.

9. goratrix

Most likely it's you overthinking things (yeah, I do that as well... a lot). Still, as I told you by e-mail, I think that telling them one on one is better, and don't make a big deal about this...

10. Aaron

Aaron Guest

Congratulations - the first person is always one of the hardest. (!)

11. goratrix

in my (extremely) limited experience, it gets easyer... a lot!

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

In my (rather less limited) experience, you are absolutely right!

Parents are always the tricky one though.

13. Matt

Matt Guest

At first I could tell you at any time how many people I was out to, the order I came out, the circumstances, and the approximate date... as time went on (and on and on) I've forgotten what order (except for one or two people, and of course, the first person I came out to).

I don't know who all knows, but I'm comfortable with almost everyone knowing, and there's no sense in keeping count any more. :grin:

14. confusedkid

confusedkid Guest

Congrats! :eusa_danc