1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My young coming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by biffle50, Jun 15, 2014.

1. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

It all started in middle school. I had already came out to my whole family and they were very accepting and supportive. I started becoming friends with this girl, she sat next to me in every class. I started having feelings for her. I've known I was different when I was 4. I told my best friend I was gay and she outed me to 5 people. So there was speculation going around about me. Remind you I was in 6th grade. So I told my crush that I liked her , she was cool with it at first. I told my friend I was gay and she was okay with it at first. I called her house phone and we discussed religion. The next time I called her she quoted the Bible to me. She called me and her mom talked to me first then her dad. Her dad yelled at me on the phone quoting Leviticus, 1st Corinthians, and Romans. He told me I was going to hell and that I was an abomination if I continued my life this way. I sat in my room crying, wanting to disappear. I was thinking of committing suicide but then I picked up my bible. I read what Jesus was teaching people. I talked to my mom about it and she went postal but she calmed down. She told me that I didn't commit a sin and I wasn't going to hell. I realized my importance. I started coming out to everyone. I was out to the whole girls locker room:icon_wink. Skipping to 7th grade. My past crush treated me differently and told me that I liked every girl. Her and her friends alienated me. Then I started getting harassed and sexually harassed. My best friends were there for me. I started to get depressed again. Constantly worrying :tears::bang:. But then it got easier and better. No more harassing and ignorant people. My neighborhood respects me because of me being truthful to myself. I stopped being depressed and became happier. People started coming to me for advice on sexual orientation. I was the only fully out person in my school and everyone knew I was. While all this happened I was in preparation for making a GSA/ anti bullying club. After working hard for 5 months for approval I finally got it. It was the first GSA in a middle school in the county. I was more open to being myself. I have now stopped giving a shit of what people thought of me ,thanks to people are on here, my friends in real life and my family(&&&). I am now going into the 8th grade a happy, mature teenage girl. To whoever is reading this who you are is already perfect so don't change. Sorry for this being long. God Bless:slight_smile::eusa_clap

2. KayJay

I think you have quite the amount of courage. I remember in middle school when I was confused about myself and there was no way I would ever tell anyone about it then. It took me until I was 21 to tell anyone anything.

It is rather inspirational to hear stories of young people who come out in school because it is probably one of the most difficult times to do it because of the sheer number of peers you have.

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is amazing! ^.^ Good job!

4. mangotree

You're awesome!

5. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Yay!!! C: Sounds like you're not only doing very well for yourself, but helping to make an easier and more welcoming environment for others. Congrats~ Sorry you've dealt with a lot of assholes, but yeah Jesus seems like a pretty chill dude if you actually read the stuff he said and not all the other weird bible parts about lady periods and donkey balls, so I'm glad you found the confidence and true friendship and pride to feel good about yourself <3

6. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

You are so ahead of the curve. A lot of adults I've met aren't as true to themselves or mature as you. Keep it up.

7. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I hope this inspires many. God bless:slight_smile:

8. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're a star!!

9. biffle50