1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by XVI, Jun 17, 2014.

1. XVI

XVI

It was a Sunday. My friend and I had just been to the cinema to see a move (Last Vegas) and we were on the bus riding home. I'd always been wary of people finding out, and at this point I hadn't told anyone, so I start talking about a girl that I genuinely like. She's one of the nicest people I've ever met, and I say to my friend that I liked her.

To my horror the next day, I find a Facebook message from my friend saying that'd he'd been planning double date. He and his girlfriend, and me and the girl I liked. I said to him that I wasn't keen on the idea, but he kept pressuring me to go do it - I'm quite the introvert and don't socialize as much as everyone else (rarely, in fact) so he had the "but you never do anything with me" card up his sleeve. Given that I had no real excuse for going, I came to the quick decision that I should just tell him.

So I frantically messaged one of my gay friend on Facebook - I don't know him personally, he was a friend of one of my clan leaders. I bluntly stated that I was gay, and that I needed some real help on how to tell me best friend real quickly. It was something that I wanted to get off my chest, but at the same times I was totally unprepared for the situation. My gay friend wasn't as helpful as I'd expect, but to be honest I was expecting a lot. He was quite surprised about it.

I switch chat tabs again and start writing. I said that I like girl X a lot, but that things wouldn't work - I am not into girls. He was accepting of it, which I did expect. Even though I knew he'd be fine with it, it was still quite a hurdle - even just typing it out, never mind saying it in person.

When I spoke to him several days later, I apologized to him. You see (and here's the funny part), he is a magnet for gay and lesbian people alike. His two ex-girlfriends? They're both going out now, and his best friend of 17 years is now also swingin' the other way.

This probably isn't the most interesting of coming-out stories, but I felt the need to share my "first time" with you all. :slight_smile: I believe it's a sort-of custom around here? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

-XVI.

2. Najlen

Congrats!