1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by computergeek5, Jun 18, 2014.

1. computergeek5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Last night I got together with my old high school buddies. We had a very good time drinking, smoking, catching up, exchanging jokes, making fun of each other, etc. We all crashed at my friends house because the rule is if we drink we stay the night (much respect to his parents). Took them to breakfast and paid the tab because I love my friends and I guess you can say I am the rich friend. So after breakfast we went back to my friends house and before everyone was about to part ways and go home I asked them if we can talk for a minute. I told them, "I know I am a quiet guy and that's because I was confused with myself and recently I've discovered that I'm gay. . . (Small silence) I just need to get that off my shoulders." Their reaction was not what I expected... They all looked at me and said "so" with blank faces. I was expecting to be bombarded with questions likes "How long have you known?", "Are you dating?", "You like penis?", the list goes on.. After they all gave me a hug and we parted ways as if nothing happened. Honestly that was the best damn experience I could have asked for. Coming out was something that scared me before but I feel great and confident with myself. The next hurdle is coming out to my parents maybe I'll do it over the next two weeks.

Happy Wednesday everyone! :icon_bigg

2. DeviantAttitude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well congratulations :slight_smile:. You are very lucky to have friends like those.

3. Tenerife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So happy for you! I couldn't imagine coming out to several people at once even today, but great job on taking this huge step forward. It gets a whole lot less stressful in terms of coming out from here on :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep one of my best friends was chuffed to bits to have a gay friend and when we hugged ghe had me pick him up and he wrapped his legs round my waist and held on to me infront of all my friends hehe.

5. Aaron82

Aaron82 Guest

Great reaction. Congrats.

6. Archie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So jealous of your friends! They sound amazing :slight_smile:

7. Silas

That's awesome, congrats!!! :slight_smile: