1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post "Out" Questioning

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by silentsound, Aug 23, 2008.

1. silentsound

Well, I mentioned this in another thread (I think I was kind of freaking out at the time... but anyway) After I came out I suddenly was thrown into this state of panic and questioning and "what if I'm not gay after all and now I can't change my mind?!?!" And I noticed that others could commiserate with that. So I am curious, did you go through that period? Or were you just so relieved/insert other emotion here to question again for no real reason?

2. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

I had that feeling when i wrote the letter and with every step towards them. Really heavy feet that day but i dont regret it.

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For me, the questioning came before I was out to myself. I thought it might just be a phase, something I would grow out of. As the months passed and nothing happened, I hoped maybe I could just pray a lot or read more about girls and change myself. At one point, I actually tried forcing myself into asexuality, having no sexual feelings at all. When that didn't work, I finally stopped trying to fool myself. I accepted who I was, and at that point, all the confusion and self-doubt ended.

4. riddlerno1

I guess thats one of the reasons i am not coming out. Although i know im gay, there is still a part of me which is questioning that as something im just feeling and possibly i may like girls later on. Its just very difficult believing that this is the way i will feel and the possibility that i may neber change my mind.

5. -Michael-

Sometimes i think "what if im Bi!?!"

But then i relise it doesnt matter.

I'll like who i like, no matter what ive told people.

6. Miles D

I SOOO went through this after I told people I was bisexual....
    "omg... what if I'm really straight?"
    "wait... what if I'm really a lesbian?"

but then I realized I was a dude!
    So, I'm guessing that was sorta not what you were talking about.... but sorta were.
    But in my case, after I was like "hey... I'm a guy" then all was clear to me...

7. mikeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yes, right after I came out to my aunt, I went through a day of questioning myself. Also went through a long time of assuming I was asexual, because I couldn't see myself as gay.

That's probably a big reason why I haven't come out to my parents or anyone else yet. I'll wait until I'm more confident with myself.

8. Derek the Wolf

I question it every day. Then I remind myself that I'm attracted to girls, and guys. I dunno, sometimes it just feels weird being attracted to either guys or girls. It can get confusing for me at times. ERRGH!
    Know that you're not alone.

9. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I actually never went through any questioning at all, when I realized I was just like "Oh I'm Gay", and when I told everyone it was just a relief because I didn't have to hide it anymore.

10. silentsound

... you lucky bastard *bitter*... still, good for you! Hooray for confidence! (*hug*)

11. Mickey

I think mostly everyone goes through the"should I or shouldn't I " have come out.
    The closet is safe,it's the stepping out into the light that's scary.
    You are NOT alone. A place like EC is excellent for those who are out and for those that are questioning. Give yourself some time to adjust. You've been through a lot.Don't berate yourself. If you really are not sure of your orientation,it's ok. Look around in here...there are plenty of people like you.(*hug*)

12. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My coming out to myself was kinda spurred by one of my friends most of the time I was thinking "I'm not gay, I don't think I am, but if I am that's cool too" which progressed to "I'm gay, am I sure? yes" Now that I've come out to a bunch of my friends and stuff what I'm thinking is more along the lines of "wow she's amazing (after seeing the girl I have a crush on), do I really like her, or is that just because of said friend, I must, she is really amazing, arggg"
    But now, instead of labeling (I know labels are not all-important, but that said...) myself as gay, I think more along the lines ofhomoflexible which stopped all those post coming out questions.

13. Beth

i did think oh crap ive told my mum & what if i'm wrong
    but i wasnt soooo