1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh f@ck!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sam, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Sam

Sam

Anybody who has been here a while knows that I haven't told my dad's side of the family because of my grandma being super religious and I don't want her to know. You also may know that my dad really hates that I'm gay well my aunt on that side of the family asked to be my friend on myspace:bang::***: naturally I have lesbian on my orientation (plus the couple of gay related graphics) and she had to have seen it. I'm giving it a few hours before it has spread through that entire side of the family.

I'm so nervous and scared about it I never really thought that anybody on that side of the family would want to be my friend on myspace because I haven't even seen most of them in 9 and a half years. I really don't care what they have to say about it because I'm happy with who I am and I won't feel ashamed of being myself and happy but I am concerned about my grandma who is 75 and who is deeply homophobic. I don't think I'll be invited to come see her anymore and if I am I will be subject to ridicule and a lot of prayer and church going to get rid of my "sins"

To top it all off my dad is in Ohio (where most of them live, my aunt who became my friend on myspace included) for his job so he is staying with them tonight so because my dad is so against me I wonder what he'll say to them.

I don't know what will happen over the next couple days but I'll keep everybody posted. I definitely don't think it will be very positive.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Good luck with it all. You never know you may find an ally in your aunt.

3. Derek the Wolf

Ooh. Sorry to hear about what seems to be a very frustrating situation. You could try talking to your aunt, or jsut let the situation unfold. Either way, I wish you the best of luck.

4. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

Well keep us informed! We want to know everything.. because apart from being ur online family that cares about you we really like the gossip!

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope it goes all well for you. Let us know how it goes.

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ouch...I know what it feels like to not want to trouble certain relatives with the news, but I can only imagine how tough it would be to have them accidentally find out. There's still the chance that your aunt hasn't gone and blabbed to the family, but in case she has, be prepared and check back in with us often.

7. biisme

Oh, I wish you the best of luck!!!!!!!!

8. paul7836

eep. sounds like you might be in a tough situation. Good luck.

9. silentsound

Good luck, I know it seems really hard to believe, but you might find support where you don't expect it. I know when my cousin came out some of the most homophobic members of my family found it in their hearts to accept him because the bottom line is that he is still their son/grandson/nephew/cousin and they still love him.

10. Sam

Sam

Ok so it wasn't so bad I told her not to tell my grandma and she said she wouldn't, I don't know if she will keep her promise or not but she also said this: "your sex life is none of my business, I still love you"

So it was pretty positive. It will definitely not be positive if my grandma finds out but I'm putting my trust in her when she says she won't say anything to her.

11. Louise

Well that is about the best you can hope for. There is no reason for her to tell your grandma, she must know how homophobic she is and that it would only cause trouble and heartache.

At least you have one more person on your side now. :icon_bigg

12. Noah

Congrats! At least she didn't go crazy....It could be worse, believe me.

13. panda

Sounds like it all worked out for the best..(!)(!)