1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My tricky family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wolf of The Baltic, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To start off I would like to say that my family is quite, oh how should I say this, different. With that out of the way allow me to tell you about my family.

My bother: my brother Däniel and I played a lot as kids. As he was older he was working before me so there were days that it would be alone in the house. However we would bond over the craziest of night when we would camp downstairs and play games all night. So it's my 8th grade year and one day my brother and I went to a movie. After we saw it we got into he's lovely bright yellow honda civic and I said to him before he put the keys in and I said "look Dän, I've Ben meaning to tell you this for so long but I'm gay". Silence was all I got and then he turned he's head to look at me and said "Brother, you could be a god damn girl and I would love you the same and there is nothing that would make me change that". Now I was 1/4 of the way through my family.

My sister: when my brother was gone doing god knows what me and my sister hung out a ton. We went to movies, shopped, and even ate together. So when my brother went to work me and my sister went down stairs to watch a movie and when we choose The Blues Brothers to watch we put that sucker in and sat on our big fluffy couch with our favorite candy and started watching. When she paused it she turned to me and said "Säm I have to tell you something?" And I said "so do I". She said you first and then I said "I hope your fine with having a gay brother because that's just who I am". An then plot twist she says "as long as your fine with having a lesbian sister". We agreed and hugged then continued watching. Now I'm 2/4 through my family.

My mother: the wise old lady I call my mother is a lovely person to everyone. She has cared for me for most of my life and I thought that she should know the truth. So one day after one of my musicals my mother and I went for some ice cream at our favorite place. As we sat with our ice cream making jokes about how bad the show was I stooped and asked her "hey mother, I know that you are my mom and I want you to know that your son is gay and I hope you see me as the same son you raised". She smiled and said "honey I could list billions of thing you could be and you would still be the son I love and cared for all these years, and besides we are one family member away from covering the whole LGBTQ community". We laughed all the way home. Now I'm stuck with the 1/4 that was the hardest one

My father: the smartest man I know and quite the handsome devil if I do say so. He was the bad one to tell. Well for one he is ultra conservative and secondly he hates the LGBTQ community. So me and my sister with the whole rest of the family knowing we choose to tell him together that we are both lesbian and gay. One day he had got back from one of his business trips we confronted him and said "father we have something we would like to tell you". He said "go ahead". I started by saying "look me and Autumn have been wanting to tell you that me and her are gay and lesbian". This is were he freaks out. He told us to get away and that he needs his space. That was about two years ago and now after he took a vacation for him to relax he came back and said "okay, I had some thinking, Säm, Autumn, if you two both like the same-sex, then that's fine by me". We hugged and thus my family was told.

Now me and my sister begin telling our friends. And that's my friends is my story thanks for reading.

#1 Wolf of The Baltic, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats dude, glad your dad came around

3. ElPescado

Out Status:
    A few people
    congrats!!!

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thats a great happy story !!

5. Candace

This truly made my day brighter. Congratulations! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

6. Lukas17

That's really nice to hear and I'm glad that you shared it with us.

7. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!

8. CBA

CBA Guest

Gratz!! I'm thrilled your dad accepted you both

9. whatshisname

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for sharing! And congratulations for your courage. I think I have a tricky family too and I'll probably be frightened when I do come out to them. But I'll take your story as inspiration and hope my family to be as accepting as your's. Thanks again and stay strong, mate!