1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out again to my mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Dryad, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I was out to my mother, not officially, with labels etc, but I told her I liked some girls and I let her know about my relationship with my ex-girlfriend. She is supportive of LBGT rights but, for some reason, it was difficult for her to act like everything is ok when I told her about myself. She told me that maybe it was a phase etc. Sometimes she asked me if I liked any "boys or girls" like it was completely ok, but some other times, when talking seriously she told me that "some day I'll find a man and blah blah blah"... I was confused about her attitude. Like "it's ok when others do it, but strange if my daughter does it".
    Today we discussed again about relationships and eventually the issue of my orientation came up and from our talk she said that what I feel seems very different from the "phase" she passed when she was my age. I told her I'm frustrated when she acts like I'll grow out of it, and she understood. Then she was very silent for a while, melancholic, but eventually she continued our conversation like nothing happened and went back to doing housework. Now I know I'm fully out to her. :slight_smile: