1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just came out to my mom and grandma

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by C06122014, Jun 29, 2014.

1. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I honestly still dont know how they took it, they asked if I was sure and then started to tell me to be careful and to be discrete now we are just sitting in the living room watching tv I just burst into tears and couldn't hold it in anymore I just said it....

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off, congratulations!! I bet it was a big weight that got lifted of your shoulders

My mom also told me to be careful and discrete also well so did my dad. Possibly, they told me this because they love me and don't want anything to happen to me.

May be the same also for you. They may possibly hear all these stories of LGBT+ people getting attacked, beaten, or killed just because who we love. I'd like to think this to be true but I don't know.

3. tulipinacup

That's very brave of you and congratulations! Randy is right, I think they want you to be discreet about this because it's their way of showing how they love you and care for you. You are not alone and they are here to support you.

4. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Yea I feel so much better I wasn't going to tell them but I wa watching tv and tlking to my friend the first person i came out to and she said I should and I just started crying which I never do. So my mom and grandma noticed and asked why and I nodded like nothing was wrong but I didn't realize I had said "I'm gay" and well that was that and my mom laughed and said thats why you're crying and she was like well don't because I would've liked it if you were heterosexual but you're my son I love you and I can't not love you for being who you are. That put a smile on my face my grandma couldn't believe it I think she just starred at me but I'm happy I came out to some members of my family I honestly hope they do the rest of the job by telling the rest of my family so I don't have to worry about it but all I can do is hope.

5. tulipinacup

I think I would cry too if I ever tell my family member that I'm gay so it's totally normal. If you can't tell the rest of your family, you can ask your mum for help which I am sure she is willing.

6. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Yes I hope she is willing because it's not so much the women I'm worried about telling it's the men like my uncle my grandpa, my dad was deported but he's not really someone who is involved with me and my sister and brother, so I don't see why I would have to tell him right?