1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to some friends at World Pride!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by confuseduser99, Jun 30, 2014.

1. confuseduser99

I came out to two more friends yesterday! I went to world pride with one of them (I already told her that I was gay), and then we all met up at a restaurant for food and drinks (they were also at pride or a round Toronto). I told the, both that I was gay. They were both VERY accepting! We had a great conversation about how much of a journey it has been for me!

I still can't believe the journey (which I'm still on). From being in heavy denial from age 13-20, to coming out to myself, to then telling my family and a couple of friends, to know more friends. Also, I would have never thought in a MILLION years that I would have EVER gone to a pride parade in my life. Now look at me! WOW!

I even posted a photo on Facebook, and someone who I know that is anti-gay marriage was all like "you're changed so much in the past 60 days. Why do you support this crap?" (I came out to myself and the barriers have been coming down since in the past 60 days actually)! All in all, a momentous day yesterday! :slight_smile:

2. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations buddy :slight_smile:

3. Kabuki

Congrats man!!! Whaaaa it must have been so fun. I'm soooo glad you are more open about it, you are making a lot of progress and I'm so happy for you.

4. TheStormInside

That's great! You've come so far so quickly :slight_smile:

5. Silas

That's awesome!! It's great to hear about all the progress you've made these past few months... gives me hope that I'll be able to do the same someday! Congrats man :icon_mrgr

6. confuseduser99

Thanks everyone! The only downside is that my dad also found out yesterday... My dad apparently kept on asking my mom why I was going downtown at that time (when the parade was going on). My mom apparently told my dad that I was going to pride and even made a joke that maybe I was going "to find a boyfriend" (all according to my sister). My mom then later told my dad that I'm gay. I got home late last night and had to be up early for work. I haven't spoken to my dad yet, so I wonder how this is going to be. Heading home right now... Not the best way for my dad to find out, but hey, he found out on a fitting day!

7. Silas

confuseduser did you get a chance to talk to your dad yet? How did he take the news? Hope everything went well!

8. confuseduser99

He actually hasn't said anything yet... I asked my mom, and she confirmed the fact that she told him. She said that he said "I need to talk to my son". Guess I'm going to have a talk with him soon... I'll definitely let you know how that goes.

9. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Praying it works out well.

10. Archie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Reading this made me feel very happy for you! Congratulations :slight_smile: