1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Closet88, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so a few weeks ago I told my best friend that I was gay. Since that time, I have been a lot more comfortable about my sexuality and even hooked up with a few guys…

Anyway, I went out for drinks with my sister on Saturday. I'm not really close to my sister as we have little in common, but we were going out as I've been away for 2 months and have just returned home. I wasn't planning to tell her I was gay but after a few drinks, we got talking and she asked why I never have girlfriends. Usually I would just lie but I think my new found confidence helped me just say "because I'm gay" and that was it, easy as that! She was really nice and glad I told her. She said it's pretty obvious anyway because I'm 25 and have always been single. I can't believe I've told a family member! Maybe one day I will finally tell my parents!!

Anyway, I have a few more friends I'm planning to tell over the next few weeks so wish me luck :slight_smile:.

2. Night Rain

Aw congrats! :grin:

Coming out just gets easier as you get more comfortable about being gay.

3. Silas

That's awesome, congrats!! :icon_mrgr