1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All but one child knows

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by BiPenguin, Jul 7, 2014.

1. BiPenguin

I have four children now aged from 17 to 10 years old. My eldest is bisexual and she has known that I am bi/pansexual for some time. My next learned last year in her final year of primary school. She was a little unsure at first but not unhappy which I'm not worried about as despite being raised in a liberal household and has been our young nude activist at home, she started feeling embarrassed about love and sex.

Last night whilst traveling home on the train with my family, I shared an ear piece with my 3rd daughter who is almost 11 years old. We were listening to James Reyne which she was getting right into when I leaned in to her to discreetly tell her that when I was in high school, I liked James Reyne. Liked him in the way of wanting to kiss him.

I sat back to watch her response which was a big smiling mouth and smiling eyes. As we walked home from the train station, I asked her to not go speaking about it at school because it's my business but I let her know and her sisters know because I want to know that it's all okay to be who you are.

There response I got was awesome and went something along the lines of; It doesn't matter who you like or what you want to wear. - What a kid!:eusa_danc

The youngest is our only son who recently turned 10 years old. His maturity is a little behind possibly due to some medical matters currently under investigation by Doctors so I'll wait till he's older for when he's a little more mature.

2. poetofdarkness

i'm glad all your kids were accepting of your sexuality, your kids are lucky that they don't have to worry about being themselves and that they can talk to you about yours and their sexuality.

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It just isn't a big deal for most kids provided that they aren't in a big group where groupthink prevails.