1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alrighty children, gather 'round for a story.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MindvsHeart, Jul 11, 2014.

1. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Lol well, it's not a very long story but it's a feel good one. (*hug*)

The first person I came out to was my sister a couple of months ago and I remember feeling nervous as hell but determined to tell her. After she came home from work, I asked her if she could come into my room so I could tell her something and she could tell from my face that it was important so she said, "ok...I'm going to shower first and then we'll talk."
    OMG, I was nearly hyperventilating while waiting, rehearsing what I was going to say over and over again.
    *time skip to when she finally came in* I sat her down on my bed, while I sat at my desk with my chair facing her. I kind of floundered a bit of what to say but I eventually got it out that I was Genderfluid, I'm probably pansexual and that I'm part of an LGBTQIA group.

She just :icon_bigg at me and said,
    "I'm so proud of you and remember, you're still you- why should I treat you any differently?"
    I nearly cried and my heart filled with warmth but then I kind of got worried when she went all serious. All she did was warn me that the path I've chosen is going to be hard and she urged me to research as much as I can and only tell people I trust. But overall, she was proud of me especially because I finally had the balls to tell her :3 :lol:

The second person I came out to was my best friend of 6 years. We've been pen-palling ever since my family moved from California to live here in Australia and she's...just amazing. :eusa_clap She's always there when I need her and she was there for me when I hit rock bottom last year after losing my Dad. She gathered all of our friends and together they made about 1000 cranes and sent them to me.
    So yeah, she means alot to me. I was shaking when I came out to her on Facebook PM. In response, she only shrugged (if you can do that online), asked me to clarify a few things she hadn't heard before (like what genderfluid meant, etc,) but she accepted me. :kiss: She didn't care because I was still me and she even takes care to always use gender neutral pronouns. I kind of cracked up when I told her that I've been hinting to her that I wasn't exactly straight all these years during our convos online. My friend's answer: :O Whaaaaat?! I thought we were just role-playing.
    Me: hehe, I kind of wasn't?
    She just laughed in response and told me I should have just come out and told her because I should know that she's completely dense sometimes. :3 Gotta love her..
    Anyway, I've come out to two other friends and they accepted me for me as well and it's really heartwarming to have their support. :icon_bigg(!):thumbsup:

And that's my coming out story (it's still on-going so I shall update when I tell someone else important in my life~:eusa_danc But to those who are still in the closet, or need a friend- I'm supporting you and cheering you on! (*hug*)

2. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *claps* that's wonderful! I hope all of your coming out story's are as great and successful as this :grin:

3. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Thanks, I hope so too :slight_smile: