1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have the best mates ever!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wardrobe93, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Wardrobe93

So I'm not the stereotype gay most of my friends are guys we like football, pubs and shit like that.

Therefore telling even my closest friends has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Contrary to most coming out stories on here, my family were always the easiest to tell, my friends were the hardest to tell. And yet their reaction has been one of love, care and compassion. Although I never doubted theyd be good with it I am surprised how great theyve been.

We went on a night out last weekend and being a bit drunk i finally blurted it out to my best friend. He was absolutely fine and had me telling the rest of 'the lads' that night. All were surprised and some didnt believe me. I was asked by my best mate if he was hot and another asked about celebrities ha.

Today I had to tell my other best mate who wasnt on the night out so i was really nervous as I didnt have any liquid courage :wink:

His reaction was very touching even getting emotional when we went for a drink to talk about it. Even welling up telling me 'I just want you to be happy' Considering we boys seldom talk about emotions so this was a big shock!

Ive also received a very nice message from another one of the boys saying how tough it must have been and how brave I am.

Ive been told theyll beat up anyone who hurts me I am literally just so overwhelmed!

Probably one regret is I left it so long!

So I am nearly completely out :grin: I don't care anymore, my mates know and thats all that mattered to me!

My advice to guys with lots of guy friends, trust them, trust yourself and know no matter how hard it is the other side of the hill is so much greener!

(&&&)

xx

2. calgary

Congrats. I'm so happy things worked out so well for you. I'm in the same boat with finding it easier to tell family and think my guy friends are going to be the hardest. Like to hear stories that makes it sound possible.

3. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats awesome!

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation: