1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Between the sword and the wall

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Miaplacidus, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family is beginning to worry. I think that they know I like guys.

Two weeks ago I spent the night with a gay (and out, or more exactly, outed) "friend" of mine... "fuckbuddy" would be the proper word to describe us. They don't know for sure, but they aren't so stupid. I went there, I slept in the same bed with him and we had sex. Repeatedly.

Lately, my mother has been bringing up the subject of homosexuality way more often than usual. I can sense that my father is seriously worried. What can I do to put an end to this situation? (Coming out is out of the questions)

Thanks.

Fred.

2. Well if that's the situation, I would say to try and subtly assess the state of things. Let them know that you aren't stupid either, and that you can play this too. When your mother brings up homosexuality just say something casual like Eh its just another part of life and see if you can crack why she's obsessing over it or if she's on to you. See if you can try something similar in regards to figuring why your dad's worried too.

3. Sanssouci

I would probably mention that she's talking about it alot recently - call her bluff. What does your mum say about homosexuality?

4. I think you have the right idea Sanssouci. But if you call he bluff remember that it may just confirm it for her if she suspects. I would try to get a hint that would determine if she knows or not like, "would you tell me if you were gay" or something like that

5. xequar

Pray tell, why is coming out out of the question? As I see it, if they already know, and they're asking you about it, then they're reaching out to you, in my view. Although it's not an easy conversation, if your mom brings it up again, I fully advocate being truthful with her, and your worrying father, as well. Telling them will probably make things easier for you, in some regards, unless there's an abusive backstory that we don't know about.

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She wouldn't like it at all, but she might accept it with the time. My dad would kick me out.

7. You probably shouldnt do it then. If the odds are against you its unwise to up the ante. But there are ways to ascertain if they think you are. If you decide to, then afterwards dont give any hints that you are but don't vehemently deny it cause that will garner suspicion. You should wait until you can support yourself so they cant do anything like kick you out. But thats only my tangent/point of view